Revenge of the Mummy Refurb? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurb?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sooo, the other day I was riding Mummy...a couple things happened that have never happened to me before..

We froze in the Treasure Room, and it reset twice with just the mummys popping up..weird

THEN, we launched regularly and went through the arena just fine...then..we come barreling into the fake unload scene, and there was another car already in the room! We came very close to the car, and I thought we were for sure going to hit it...is this a normal thing? How many cars can actually fit into the fake unload scene?

I have never had a moment like that on Mummy, very weird...

Sooo, the other day I was riding Mummy...a couple things happened that have never happened to me before..

We froze in the Treasure Room, and it reset twice with just the mummys popping up..weird

THEN, we launched regularly and went through the arena just fine...then..we come barreling into the fake unload scene, and there was another car already in the room! We came very close to the car, and I thought we were for sure going to hit it...is this a normal thing? How many cars can actually fit into the fake unload scene?

I have never had a moment like that on Mummy, very weird...

The fake unload can hold 2 cars. It has the block break behind where you are supposed to stop so it can safely launch the car behind you without risk of collision. With perfect timing you exit and are blown with smoke by the mummy face as the car behind you is making the turn into the station. Looks really scary, perfectly safe. You were just plagued by the load/unload getting backed up really bad.

Reactions: Teebin
That's exactly what universal are trying to do, they made last minute changes to "Dracula Untold" to make it the first of the Universal Monster reboot

Except all new information is pointing that "Dracula Untold" is in fact not a part of the new shared universe. In the latest interviews, Alex Kurtsman who is heading the development of the new shared universe stated that the upcoming Mummy remake would be the actual first movie of the shared universe films. The more information that comes out makes "Dracula Untolds" postion, if it even has one at this point, within the shared universe less and less clear.

Except all new information is pointing that "Dracula Untold" is in fact not a part of the new shared universe. In the latest interviews, Alex Kurtsman who is heading the development of the new shared universe stated that the upcoming Mummy remake would be the actual first movie of the shared universe films. The more information that comes out makes "Dracula Untolds" postion, if it even has one at this point, within the shared universe less and less clear.
I know, universal have really screwed up on this, before the universe even gets going. I think the problem is that they stated they'd be releasing a new film roughly each year, and then mummy hits development problems. So much so that it gets delayed and recast.
They definitely intended "Dracula Untold" to be the first, as its producer is on record in an interview stating that it's release was delayed to allow extra shots of Evans and Dance (presumably the final scene) with the double intention of setting up the sequel and also setting up the shared universe. But I think Mummy's delays have greyed this out considerably. Presumably they also took the mixed reviews of "Dracula Untold" into account as well.

EDIT: just found this comment from an IBTIMES article which sums up the confusion.

Since The Mummy will exist in a shared universe, Kurtzman says "we very well might" see another monster appear in it. Earlier rumours have suggested that the film will feature Luke Evan's Dracula from the 2014 film - Dracula Untold. When asked about this, Kurtzman replied, "The Mummy isn't connected to Dracula [Untold] but I think that is an ongoing conversation."

Last edited:
Went on this yesterday and the audio timing was terribly off. In the circular room before the launch the projected face would talk before we'd hear his audio!

The fake unload can hold 2 cars. It has the block break behind where you are supposed to stop so it can safely launch the car behind you without risk of collision. With perfect timing you exit and are blown with smoke by the mummy face as the car behind you is making the turn into the station. Looks really scary, perfectly safe. You were just plagued by the load/unload getting backed up really bad.
I consider Universal's rides to be top notch when it comes to safety..I was just...surprised by it haha...thanks for the clarification

Went on this yesterday and the audio timing was terribly off. In the circular room before the launch the projected face would talk before we'd hear his audio!
I forgot to add this to my list..this ride's timing has been off a ton recently..After riding Gringotts (which is silky smooth programming-wise now) I started to notice Mummy's issues

I consider Universal's rides to be top notch when it comes to safety..I was just...surprised by it haha...thanks for the clarification

I forgot to add this to my list..this ride's timing has been off a ton recently..After riding Gringotts (which is silky smooth programming-wise now) I started to notice Mummy's issues

But it's been like that for a while. Not consistently but definitely more often than not. And like the other poster said it's safe. Is it normal? No and yes. Mummy is usually on point but there had been plenty of times where all of the timing was off.

I think one thing that needs to change is the queue. It's very bizarre that the façade is a Museum and within that museum is almost like a behind the scenes studio setting and then that transforms into a 1920's excavation site. Revenge of the Acid I guess...

I actually love that about the queue. one of my favorite things.

it feels like you are being transported from place to place.

^ A kind of "Night at the Museum" feel. Is it a museum, a film set, or real?

makes me think of like a flashback or something. like when they go back in time in movies or something. You are in the film set and all of the sudden you travel back to the real Tomb.

Ok, so you are entering a museum, that becomes a film set that transforms into a real Egyptian tomb.....that has a mine train?

Can you really even call that a theme?

Yes. You can also break down almost any theme park attraction in the same way and make it sound equally ridiculous. Some suspension of disbelief IS required at the door.

well it can make sense

you do enter the museum, and then INSIDE the museum they are filming the Mummy movie,\ so it's like, they were using the Museum for a set!

Then the Tomb room could either be a room inside the Museum display that has always been there, or, it could be part of the set of the movie. it all could still make sense :lol:

(the ride part doesn't fit that theme)

but still the movie set/Museum is haunted by a real mummy. It can still fit. Why wouldn't they use the real museum to film part of the movie... Why wouldn't the museum have an "Egyptian Tomb" exhibit?

Since it sounds like Hollywood's Mummy is on the chopping block might Florida be able to get the parts necessary to add the air tubes under that seats for the Scarab Room like they have? I always thought that scene needed air tubes instead of of the water spritz and got upset when I rode Hollywood's version and they had it.

Since it sounds like Hollywood's Mummy is on the chopping block might Florida be able to get the parts necessary to add the air tubes under that seats for the Scarab Room like they have? I always thought that scene needed air tubes instead of of the water spritz and got upset when I rode Hollywood's version and they had it.

Excellent idea.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
I wouldn't mind getting their Imhotep animatronic either..as well as some of the mummy hands

Reactions: Mike S and Gillman
I wouldn't mind getting their Imhotep animatronic either..as well as some of the mummy hands
Oh yeah! If they could incorporate those hands that reach down at you somewhere in the opening scenes that would be great. Those gave the ride a better feeling of dread.

Good idea, but I doubt it. Orlando has more RVs than Hollywood's.