Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It coasted in and continued up the first half at about the same speed it left the station at until the launch initiated. It never came to a complete stop. Stopping and holding it would likely require a different launch system, as I'm not sure how well the tire system could hold a train at a stop at that angle. It is likely good enough to momentarily stop them and bring them back slowly to the short section immediately after the station, where I believe there was a standard brake fixture (let me watch a few videos to try and confirm) where it would likely hold as a block.
Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah if I could add some additions to the coaster, i'd made the entire tunnel one large screen in which it interacts with you as you move up the tunnel.... panoramic

Well here's a twist:

Universal officially listed the ride time at 2:15 on their website, even before the redo.

View attachment 1499

RCDB also listed it as 2:15.
Yes, the gentleman on TPI I referred to was quoting from RCDB also referring to the 2 min. 15 sec. ........I see two possibilities here 1)Unknown saw the 2:15 time for the new ride and assumed it was longer than the 1:30 commonly posted so he assumed there was a new tunnel type scene or 2) the scene will occur during that extra 45 second period that you are strapped in that Three Pack Shagur alludes to where you're barely moving(like they do with 7 dwarfs, only that's in the middle of the ride instead of the beginning or end).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27
Someone mentioned on another forum, that though the track is staying the same , we may have a longer ride because of on-board audio. I assume a slow approach (like picking your song at Rock It. Your buckled in and that time counts as ride time although you aren't doing much "Riding" except choosing a song at some point.). So that was interesting.

Reactions: Ryno27
I doubt they would be doing a system like RRR. I would imagine that the park will install a custom audio player with cool songs that fit to the theme.

thanks for the updates! I enjoy watching the progress from cold as he!! Ohio. Our first trip to Universal will be later in June.. hopefully this and Kong will be running.. Kong should be - with hulk I hope they are moving on the inside and launch tube as fast as the track. We live right behind kings island so we are spoiled - I watched them have banshee ready to roll 5 months after track construction started :) Am I reading it right that there were metal detectors installed so you couldn't take cell phones, keys, sunglasses etc on the rides? In 20 years of riding all sorts of rides I have never lost a phone, key or sunglass :)

thanks for the updates! I enjoy watching the progress from cold as he!! Ohio. Our first trip to Universal will be later in June.. hopefully this and Kong will be running.. Kong should be - with hulk I hope they are moving on the inside and launch tube as fast as the track. We live right behind kings island so we are spoiled - I watched them have banshee ready to roll 5 months after track construction started :) Am I reading it right that there were metal detectors installed so you couldn't take cell phones, keys, sunglasses etc on the rides? In 20 years of riding all sorts of rides I have never lost a phone, key or sunglass :)
They've been using metal detectors on the Universal coasters for almost a year.