Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

^ I agree. I think holding the train in the tube for a couple extra seconds at a standstill (especially at that incline) would intensify the experience and build anticipation even more. Plus give us some more needed story. Currently once your train dispatches it's too soon to launch imo. Its all over so quickly at that point. Watch this video for those that haven't ridden in a while and think about how cool the launch tube would be loaded with some 4k, gasp, SCREENZ.

Almost all of the difference between the 2:15 strap in time and 1:30 actual ride time comes at the end. Perhaps they could add some bells & whistles there and extend the tunnel a bit.

I think the launch tube is either a blessing or a curse. It's very limited in room however if you wrap screens around the train, you can create an effect similar to turtle trek. I don't know how that ride is received here but I really enjoyed it.

Even if you keep it overly simple story wise. Something happens that causes Bruce Banner to turn into the hulk. Tanks are arriving either side and are firing at him similar to the videos you used to see in the old queue.

I think the launch tube is either a blessing or a curse. It's very limited in room however if you wrap screens around the train, you can create an effect similar to turtle trek. I don't know how that ride is received here but I really enjoyed it.

Even if you keep it overly simple story wise. Something happens that causes Bruce Banner to turn into the hulk. Tanks are arriving either side and are firing at him similar to the videos you used to see in the old queue.

I liked TT but had to hang on, it was immersive ;) I could go for wrap screens in the tube but I think we get big monitors.

Going to be plenty of screens in the queue, any word on the 3D without glasses that are rumored to be there?

I don't understand why some have an aversion to screens, they offer such flexibility to portray scenes that could not be built on a fixed set and let you use your mind to fill in the details. I am not wanting to start a screens vs sets or AAs debate, only stating what is on my mind and my personal opinion.

Looks like the track is being stored behind MIB and the Simpsons.

otgFjYJ.jpg

The old signs are still there too.

SO . . the Nearmap image sure makes it look like the same coaster is being installed.

The new tracks seems to match closely to the images on Google Maps of the old coaster

SO . . the Nearmap image sure makes it look like the same coaster is being installed.

The new tracks seems to match closely to the images on Google Maps of the old coaster
Yeah same coaster. There were no additional footers added so I'm sure it's the same.