Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

While you are entitled to your opinion, I quite enjoy and support the extent insiders go to to protect their sources. I'm pretty certain Comcast would fire any confirmed leaker of project information and as such, I have no problem with the obtuse nature of project detail leaking some find so frustrating. Kong is a business to Comcast and a playground for us.

As a suggestion, let's all sit back and enjoy the special preview we are being gifted. It cost us nothing and the quality of content is spectacular.
You are correct on that. If an Insider posted everything he knew, he wouldn't be getting any more information from his sources, that is, if they were still employed. Plus, Orlando United would be constantly receiving threatening communications from Universal legal. I remember back when HTF was actively receiving and releasing insider info. There were a couple of really exclusive & detailed releases (Kong was one of them, Springfield was another) but HTF & Bri Man were real careful in their wording to avoid hearing back from Universal. And don't forget the Bob Wadd being trespassed for taking pictures for OU. One of the reasons this site attracts so much insider information is that it does it's best to filter information and keep info as anonymous as possible. Even if info is from another site, and it could jeopardize someone's position, BriMan will ask for it to be deleted. That's even happened to a few things I posted here from other sites, and I gladly deleted it at BriMans request. And let's all not forget, it was only 12 months ago that BriMan was going to close down the forums, but due to the requests from many of us he changed course. I am not an insider. I'm just a regular poster and big fan of OU. But I really appreciate the information, no matter how veiled it may be, that people in the know post here. If they weren't posting we'd just be like those other sites that post one or two bits of maybe insider info a year, live off their past reps, and have no significant forum discussions because rarely does a person with insider information post on their site. This site is one of a kind in the Universal world. No other site on the internet is anywhere close to the forum participation and discussions we have here. We talk about things here that some sites, when the Universal press release comes down a year after we've discussed it, will do a story and make a big deal that they just released breaking news. Hell, I could do that myself just by following Universal's official releases. So, of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please don't be so critical that you dissuade people with insider information from posting here. If you have a problem with someone, it's real simple here, just put them on your "ignore" list, and you won't be bothered with what they have to say:)...... I'm sure I'm on a few of those lists myself.;)

anyone have any inside info on the mythexplorers video.. I recall someone posted the "private link" a while ago about 2 weeks before episode 1 went live :)

All,

Information shared is usually obfuscated some to protect sources and to shield in case things change (and they do.)

At the same time being short tempered with those who don't follow the thread regularly is not welcoming to anyone, including those who visit the threads frequently.

Thanks.

:horse::topic:

I personally think UO should somehow invest and incorporate this innovative technology in this attraction. Maybe, like previously suggested, the blood spattering on the rear glass of the trucks cab, or even on whatever (or even whoever) is driving the truck. Maybe it would be a tad expensive, but wouldn't that make a really cool and realistic effect?

(I'm not sure how to link a YouTube video. Hopefully this works)

:horse::topic:

I personally think UO should somehow invest and incorporate this innovative technology in this attraction. Maybe, like previously suggested, the blood spattering on the rear glass of the trucks cab, or even on whatever (or even whoever) is driving the truck. Maybe it would be a tad expensive, but wouldn't that make a really cool and realistic effect?

(I'm not sure how to link a YouTube video. Hopefully this works)

Projection mapping is now frequent in the parks, all it is ultra HD projections on a surface calibrated with projectors so it doesn't have shadows or scaling issues.

I think people are forgetting one important piece of info we learnt in the behind the scenes video from Mike West. The whole reason we're going into Skull Islands is to help Kate McCaffrey and her team discover new species. I would put money on the fact that if/when something happens to our driver it'll be one of these 3 that takes over to get us to safety. That's what I think anyways.

CM.png~original
The dude on the right was the face of Thanos in THE AVENGERS. So now you know who controls Kong. ;)

Here's an excerpt of the ride's description on USO's website:

"Vicious, ancient predators and unspeakable monstrosities rip into your crew and swarm from every side."

Does this suggest that the driver will be killed? I guess it could be interpreted in different ways.

I think people are forgetting one important piece of info we learnt in the behind the scenes video from Mike West. The whole reason we're going into Skull Islands is to help Kate McCaffrey and her team discover new species. I would put money on the fact that if/when something happens to our driver it'll be one of these 3 that takes over to get us to safety. That's what I think anyways.

CM.png~original

I think you're onto something with this. I think we're all assuming it's going to be just the driver up front. Most tours I've ever been on would usually have a driver and a tour guide. One might not make it back.

Keeping in mind, that this may be bad to say;

There was a leak showing of Kongs layout, by form of blueprints. If theres no issue; I will post it a little later, but it does have some potential spoilers to the attraction.

Woo hoo!

You are correct on that. If an Insider posted everything he knew, he wouldn't be getting any more information from his sources, that is, if they were still employed. Plus, Orlando United would be constantly receiving threatening communications from Universal legal. I remember back when HTF was actively receiving and releasing insider info. There were a couple of really exclusive & detailed releases (Kong was one of them, Springfield was another) but HTF & Bri Man were real careful in their wording to avoid hearing back from Universal. And don't forget the Bob Wadd being trespassed for taking pictures for OU. One of the reasons this site attracts so much insider information is that it does it's best to filter information and keep info as anonymous as possible. Even if info is from another site, and it could jeopardize someone's position, BriMan will ask for it to be deleted. That's even happened to a few things I posted here from other sites, and I gladly deleted it at BriMans request. And let's all not forget, it was only 12 months ago that BriMan was going to close down the forums, but due to the requests from many of us he changed course. I am not an insider. I'm just a regular poster and big fan of OU. But I really appreciate the information, no matter how veiled it may be, that people in the know post here. If they weren't posting we'd just be like those other sites that post one or two bits of maybe insider info a year, live off their past reps, and have no significant forum discussions because rarely does a person with insider information post on their site. This site is one of a kind in the Universal world. No other site on the internet is anywhere close to the forum participation and discussions we have here. We talk about things here that some sites, when the Universal press release comes down a year after we've discussed it, will do a story and make a big deal that they just released breaking news. Hell, I could do that myself just by following Universal's official releases. So, of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please don't be so critical that you dissuade people with insider information from posting here. If you have a problem with someone, it's real simple here, just put them on your "ignore" list, and you won't be bothered with what they have to say:)...... I'm sure I'm on a few of those lists myself.;)

Thank you for this and I agree 100%. I very much appreciate the insiders posting what they can when they can. If it is in riddles or otherwise I enjoy it. If you don't like it, put them on ignore, but don't spoil it for the rest of us by complaining about them. That is not fair to them or anyone else. They give what they can. Teebin has a dry sense of humor sometimes, but he is really nice and can take a friendly jab here and there (my old man comment being one of them), but I think saying some of the things that have been said lately is going too far.

Keeping in mind, that this may be bad to say;

There was a leak showing of Kongs layout, by form of blueprints. If theres no issue; I will post it a little later, but it does have some potential spoilers to the attraction.

It's watermarked and a leak from a construction company. It has trade secrets and other confidential information on it. If it is posted here it will be removed and the individual possibly banned. And do not beg for someone to PM it to you.

It's watermarked and a leak from a construction company. It has trade secrets and other confidential information on it. If it is posted here it will be removed and the individual possibly banned. And do not beg for someone to PM it to you.

Bingo. Hence, why i am not going to post it, as it shouldn't of been posted in the first place. Even if it is interesting to see.

Thank you for this and I agree 100%. I very much appreciate the insiders posting what they can when they can. If it is in riddles or otherwise I enjoy it. If you don't like it, put them on ignore, but don't spoil it for the rest of us by complaining about them. That is not fair to them or anyone else. They give what they can. Teebin has a dry sense of humor sometimes, but he is really nice and can take a friendly jab here and there (my old man comment being one of them), but I think saying some of the things that have been said lately is going too far.

I always have a sneaking suspicion that insiders who share information have been given by permission to do so.