Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Quick question about Cabana Bay. My husband and I almost always stay at Royal Pacific for our yearly Universal trip, but after hearing about how great Cabana Bay is for price, we decided to give it a go. At Royal Pacific, when we would arrive well before check in, we had the option of leaving our luggage at the Bell Service and spending time at Citywalk and the Parks. Does Cabana Bay, because they don't have a Bell Service, have an option of holding luggage while waiting for your room? Our flight is getting in at 9:30 am, so we'll be there far before check in.

I recall on one of our stays there we did arrive before our room was ready and we had no problem having them store our luggage for us. Heck, on our most recent stay there they had valet parking which I don't recall them having before, not sure if it was just because it was busy or if they always offer it...I was just confused for valet took over that small lot that (on prior visits) was used for Parking while you check in.

I believe so but not 100% sure

I recall on one of our stays there we did arrive before our room was ready and we had no problem having them store our luggage for us. Heck, on our most recent stay there they had valet parking which I don't recall them having before, not sure if it was just because it was busy or if they always offer it...I was just confused for valet took over that small lot that (on prior visits) was used for Parking while you check in.

Thanks! It's a bit of a relief, we don't want to have to sit with our luggage a good part of the day lol.

I have heard about the addition of the valet parking. From my understanding, they were having a problem of people visiting the resort for a few hours using the check in parking to get around having to pay for parking and they implemented the valet for check-in and basically closed that off to anyone else to try and stop it. Not sure how reliable that info is though.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
Quick question about Cabana Bay. My husband and I almost always stay at Royal Pacific for our yearly Universal trip, but after hearing about how great Cabana Bay is for price, we decided to give it a go. At Royal Pacific, when we would arrive well before check in, we had the option of leaving our luggage at the Bell Service and spending time at Citywalk and the Parks. Does Cabana Bay, because they don't have a Bell Service, have an option of holding luggage while waiting for your room? Our flight is getting in at 9:30 am, so we'll be there far before check in.

Yes they do. We've used it. It is on the right hand side as you go into the main lobby.

So what is this about valet check-in? I usually drive-up and leave the rest of the gang in the car while I go check-in.

So what is this about valet check-in? I usually drive-up and leave the rest of the gang in the car while I go check-in.

I think a lot of people do this, but there was also a parking just off the entrance where you could park your car, no charge, to run in and check in. People were abusing it and using it as a way to get around paying for parking while at the hotel (from what I heard, I'm not 100% on that). So they turned the lot into a valet parking only lot.

I think a lot of people do this, but there was also a parking just off the entrance where you could park your car, no charge, to run in and check in. People were abusing it and using it as a way to get around paying for parking while at the hotel (from what I heard, I'm not 100% on that). So they turned the lot into a valet parking only lot.

Stupid question but can you still park outside the front door to check in?

That I have no clue about... I'm sure they would allow it though. I can't see them forcing everyone to us the valet for just for a quick check in. I think the valet is just to eliminate the abuse of free parking. This upcoming visit will be my first to Cabana Bay. All I can say is that I could at Royal Pacific a few months ago when I was there.

Yes, the bag area is to the immediate right of the check in desks.

Reactions: Stitch_101

Last time we were there ( last month) we were directed to a parking spot in front ( in the circle up front. I just needed to leave someone with the car or leave the keys with one of the valet folks ( as you would with a bellman at a lot of hotels).

But I was expecting to go into what was once a lot for the purpose of check in so I was on the outside lane when I approached the lobby entrance.

We were there last weekend and checked in at 7am with our room ready. Not saying that is the case every time but a possibility for sure, and not the first time that this has happened at one of the Uni resorts

We were there last weekend and checked in at 7am with our room ready. Not saying that is the case every time but a possibility for sure, and not the first time that this has happened at one of the Uni resorts
Yeah, I've been at Portofino at 8:00 AM and they've had our room ready. Depends on how heavy the occupancy would be is my guess.

I am sure of the bag storage, they will give you a claim check and text you when your room is ready.

They are, that picture is of the new garage.

That makes more sense then. I think I remember reading that towers would have some incredible views looking over Volcano Bay.

Out of interest, does anybody know how Cabana Bay is split up in terms of where the standard rooms and suites are and if it's split even, do you get a choice of what side to go?

That makes more sense then. I think I remember reading that towers would have some incredible views looking over Volcano Bay.

Out of interest, does anybody know how Cabana Bay is split up in terms of where the standard rooms and suites are and if it's split even, do you get a choice of what side to go?

The standard rooms are all in the existing towers. There are suites in the towers and the shorter motel-style buildings