Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That tube section appears to be translucent, which could indicate lighting effects to make it look like you're sliding through a lava flow or something. Nothing crazy detailed, since you can see it's not fully transparent, but lighting effects would certainly spice things up a bit.

Looking at that photo, it appears there is a great deal of open space in the structure around the tube, and also a similar "path" through the structure directly below in.

Looking at that photo, it appears there is a great deal of open space in the structure around the tube, and also a similar "path" through the structure directly below in.
My guesses... the open space around the tube is necessary for maintenance/emergency access and the "path" below is for a line.

Hello, everyone!

I'm new here, so please excuse me if what I am about to say has already been covered.

I just learned of plans that were submitted by Universal to the Water Management District. These are for a proposed tramway that would load up guests from the southern parking structure to Volcano Bay. The road will be grade separated and use tunnels and bridges to go under and over existing roads.

I find this amazing, as over on the other coast, Disney has announced that the new parking structure they are about to build will not have any such means to transport guests to its parks. Guests will have to walk a mile. I believe that's a longer distance than this tram loop!

image.jpeg

Hello, everyone!

I'm new here, so please excuse me if what I am about to say has already been covered.

I just learned of plans that were submitted by Universal to the Water Management District. These are for a proposed tramway that would load up guests from the southern parking structure to Volcano Bay. The road will be grade separated and use tunnels and bridges to go under and over existing roads.

I find this amazing, as over on the other coast, Disney has announced that the new parking structure they are about to build will not have any such means to transport guests to its parks. Guests will have to walk a mile. I believe that's a longer distance than this tram loop!

View attachment 1755

Well yes, how is one related to the other?

Well yes, how is one related to the other?
What do you mean?

Also, I might add, this gives us a little insight into how they eventually plan on connecting the rest of the properties recently purchased. A tramway could easily be converted to another form of transportation, since the "path" is all clear and grade separated.

Hello, everyone!

View attachment 1755
Peter: Thanks for the posting. Yes, that information was made available a couple of months ago. There's a previous discussion somewhere on this thread.

Does anybody know just how far down VB is going to go?

VanNMcl.jpg

The pointy point is being held for something else.

Teebin, I am dragging up some old quotes here, but I don't think we have ever heard more about the Pointy Point of the property by VB (post 689 of this thread) Is it possible they would locate a hotel there or does the new property change the "something else" you mentioned?

Teebin, I am dragging up some old quotes here, but I don't think we have ever heard more about the Pointy Point of the property by VB (post 689 of this thread) Is it possible they would locate a hotel there or does the new property change the "something else" you mentioned?

If I was to guess, I would say this where the expansion pad will go. Too small for a hotel and it will have easy access for construction to happen without interfering with a busy park.

I have just watching an updates of the Lightning Rod in Dollywood !
I have to admit, i'm jealous about the relief of Dollywood ! i really expect universal was trying to elaborate a most complex landscape, than a flat one !

They can shape the Volcano Bay property a little bit, in my opinion, theme parks like disney or universal are too flat (disney a little less), i know they have to build laaaaaarge area accessible to everyone, but i'm sure they can do an effort in that middle !

What do you think about that point ?

Status
Not open for further replies.