Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anybody want to take on the challenge of how the placement of Toy Story and Star Wars land make sense in relation to Muppets and Star Tours are even possible? I mean seriously make a google map image of how the hell any of this is even possible let alone feasible if these rides stay and the lands end of being placed next to one another.

I think it's feasible by relocating the entrance to star tours to the south, which could be a LONG corridor south of Muppets; Star Wars being between Muppets and Toy Story, with a nice chunk left in the south west for future expansion.

Last edited:
Anybody want to take on the challenge of how the placement of Toy Story and Star Wars land make sense in relation to Muppets and Star Tours are even possible? I mean seriously make a google map image of how the hell any of this is even possible let alone feasible if these rides stay and the lands end of being placed next to one another.
Heck, they'll probably just dress the Muppets up in those Star wars character outfits again and count it as one of the rides in SWL. Creative cost/value engineering. :lol:

Reactions: Andy
ST is likely to go away eventually at DLR so I wouldn't be surprised if they just get rid of the ride in Orlando too.

Hmmm...I would not be surprised to see Mama Melrose go here. Otherwise this seems spot on.

Am I the only one who would be upset to see Star Tours go, in either park?

I'm ambivalent towards Star Tours. Its newer version was a significant downgrade, IMO, and I don't think I'd miss it much.

Calling it now. Star Tours gets the Jimmy Neutron>Minion Mayhem treatment with Zootopia in both parks.

Zootopia? I don't see that at DL.

Here is a pic from the News13 Chopper from about a half hour ago.

image.jpg

Forgive my awful memory, but is that entrance road beside muppets and streets of america staying, or will it be demolished to make way for expansion? Because if its going, it should be fairly easy to keep Star Tours.

So... with TSL, does TSMM entrance move onto the other side of the building into the land? I think so, but then what happens to the current walkway that is labeled Pixar Studio between TGMR & TSMM? That would lead back to the new location we see for SWL but what the heck would it be themed to? And there would be an almost adjacent entry to the one shown at the far side of TSL.
I get that putting SWL back there will minimize the wait time for infrastructure changes that were proposed to move DHS entry road and speed up (somewhat) their ability to get started, but DHS has traditionally had crowd flow issues since its not a traditional hub and spoke design and I don't think this is going to make it any better.

So... with TSL, does TSMM entrance move onto the other side of the building into the land? I think so, but then what happens to the current walkway that is labeled Pixar Studio between TGMR & TSMM? That would lead back to the new location we see for SWL but what the heck would it be themed to? And there would be an almost adjacent entry to the one shown at the far side of TSL.

I believe the existing Pixar Place will become backastage areas. DHS is basically going to become a big loop