Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

I for one don't buy any date speculation till we see these RVs looping for at least a few hours continuously.

Hopefully they are already doing it during closed hours or using the inside track??

I for one don't buy any date speculation till we see these RVs looping for at least a few hours continuously.

Hopefully they are already doing it during closed hours or using the inside track??

I believe insiders have said before they are using the inside track and the outside at night. So it is very possible these RVs have cycled for several hours and we don't see it with our eyes.

Okay, here's my video from the other day, when I finally caught a glimpse of a vehicle test. It was marked as R/V #3 by the way. So maybe they are testing each vehicle individually day by day. I also got video of the food stand almost ready for guests. My guess is most of the construction walls will come down and the stands will open long before the ride actually does. And I saw crew hanging hair-like things on stakes and painting/weather-proofing the bamboo that had been covered in plastic near the entrance for so long. Check out the video and a few screenshots below and lots more here.

00409.MTS_.Still020.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still008.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still009.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still029.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still030.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still032.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still006.jpg

Notice the black hair tied around the stakes?

00409.MTS_.Still007.jpg

Flowing in the wind, creepily.

00409.MTS_.Still002.jpg

Here's a worker grabbing a handful of it from a pile of hair on the ground.

00409.MTS_.Still003.jpg

Big 'ol pile of fake hair

00409.MTS_.Still040.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still044.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still046.jpg

Can't wait to see this place properly lit up at night!

00409.MTS_.Still051.jpg

You think they're gonna make an attempt to hide these things in the mouth?

00409.MTS_.Still049.jpg

I assume they're LEDs? Look awkward just laying in there.

00409.MTS_.Still052.jpg

Lots of spots brought in everywhere.

00409.MTS_.Still054.jpg

Not so subtle speaker

00409.MTS_.Still061.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still004.jpg

Roots and cave-like rockwork visible inside opening where RVs come out after load

00409.MTS_.Still065.jpg

Soon.

That's all for now. More images here!

Okay, here's my video from the other day, when I finally caught a glimpse of a vehicle test. It was marked as R/V #3 by the way. So maybe they are testing each vehicle individually day by day. I also got video of the food stand almost ready for guests. My guess is most of the construction walls will come down and the stands will open long before the ride actually does. And I saw crew hanging hair-like things on stakes and painting/weather-proofing the bamboo that had been covered in plastic near the entrance for so long. Check out the video and a few screenshots below and lots more here.

00409.MTS_.Still020.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still008.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still009.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still029.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still030.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still032.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still006.jpg

Notice the black hair tied around the stakes?

00409.MTS_.Still007.jpg

Flowing in the wind, creepily.

00409.MTS_.Still002.jpg

Here's a worker grabbing a handful of it from a pile of hair on the ground.

00409.MTS_.Still003.jpg

Big 'ol pile of fake hair

00409.MTS_.Still040.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still044.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still046.jpg

Can't wait to see this place properly lit up at night!

00409.MTS_.Still051.jpg

You think they're gonna make an attempt to hide these things in the mouth?

00409.MTS_.Still049.jpg

I assume they're LEDs? Look awkward just laying in there.

00409.MTS_.Still052.jpg

Lots of spots brought in everywhere.

00409.MTS_.Still054.jpg

Not so subtle speaker

00409.MTS_.Still061.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still004.jpg

Roots and cave-like rockwork visible inside opening where RVs come out after load

00409.MTS_.Still065.jpg

Soon.

That's all for now. More images here!

Some great photos. It's always a good sign to see the finishing touches being put on props, etc. I would think we can assume they've been testing the vehicles indoors. Plus there's been late night work. :thumbsup:

Wow I was not expecting the RV canvas covers to be underneath the top frame leaving all the hydraulics electronics and sensors exposed???

I really hope they have another canvas cover that eventually goes over the top....

Wow I was not expecting the RV canvas covers to be underneath the top frame leaving all the hydraulics electronics and sensors exposed???

I really hope they have another canvas cover that eventually goes over the top....
None of the tech sensor stuff on the roof is really visible from the ground. Just super obvious from a tower perch high up in Camp Jurassic. I think it's no more illusion-breaking than seeing the accordion scissor lift thing on a track from Kongfrontation instead of the cars being suspended on wires like in real life.

None of the tech sensor stuff on the roof is really visible from the ground. Just super obvious from a tower perch high up in Camp Jurassic. I think it's no more illusion-breaking than seeing the accordion scissor lift thing on a track from Kongfrontation instead of the cars being suspended on wires like in real life.
Funny you mentioned that. I was going to ask you that exact question. Thanks for the clarification.

From the ground it just looks like cross-pipes and wires leading to the side lamps. Can't see all the little sensor do-hickeys in the middle or hydraulics too well. I think the nodes sticking up on the 4 corners might be positioning sensors, but they're painted brown and themed with the vehicle's style so they blend in.

themednodes.jpg

I wonder how many trucks are actually in commission. Plus, isn't this the first we've seen of truck #3?

Yes, we have seen 1 and 2 before. But the last couple videos from others have not zoomed in on the # so I couldn't see what RV it was. But now that we see #3, I am going to guess 3 are on the track at one time. The reason being is each truck would have some kind of unique number to it for maintenance and mapping purposes. So the hand written numbers on the back would only be used for easy identification during testing. If there was only 1 truck on the track they wouldn't need these hand written signs on the back.