Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Probably because they realized they needed more kid-friendly attractions?

As for Storm Force, I could've sworn it had a smoke/fog effect at some point but maybe I just dreamed it.

I'm sure I saw a video the other day of it having fog but it could have just been for a promo.

Well what I imagined once was that they could enclose that stupid stunt show in mshi that gets use only a few months a year, and make an AIR CONDITIONED x-men show with live characters showcasing their gifts in a to the audience. Like a "twister" kind of feel to it but for the whole stadium.

You mean the Toon Lagoon Ampatheatre, that is more used for private events/corporate events and not for the theme park now, than before when it was a crappy BMX stunt show, and another show that didn't last long?

If TLA is going, I have to imagine that those rumors of SLOP make sense for that plot, much more than Shrek going for it. But, that's an discussion for a different thread.

_____
For what its worth, and I didn't say that i'm glad that the Brakes are finally being taken care of, as that'll mean of it getting closer to it testing..

Reactions: devinp267
Does anybody know why Storm Force opened a year after the park opened? Same goes for Flying Unicorn.

Those two rides were band-aid fixes because everyone complained there was nothing for kids to do. Nether of the rides were in the original IOA plan -- they were reactive fixes to complaints.

They should enclose Storm Force and add some smoke effects, would go great with the strobes.

There are smoke effects, or at least there were. They may not be working anymore.

Those two rides were band-aid fixes because everyone complained there was nothing for kids to do. Nether of the rides were in the original IOA plan -- they were reactive fixes to complaints.

There are smoke effects, or at least there were. They may not be working anymore.
Then the kids should have went to Disney. Haha

Probably because they realized they needed more kid-friendly attractions?

As for Storm Force, I could've sworn it had a smoke/fog effect at some point but maybe I just dreamed it.

Everything I've read says it had fog and lasers at the beginning of iits life.

Reactions: Ryno27
Seems an excessively long downtime period for storm force....they must be up to something in regards to theming, or enclosing. They could literally tear this out and replace the ride system in a week.

Reactions: Ryno27
Seems an excessively long downtime period for storm force....they must be up to something in regards to theming, or enclosing. They could literally tear this out and replace the ride system in a week.

I don't think they're doing anything to Stormforce, I'm guessing they're going to be working on the area outside it and can't have the public walking through a construction yard to get to the ride.

I don't think they're doing anything to Stormforce, I'm guessing they're going to be working on the area outside it and can't have the public walking through a construction yard to get to the ride.

There was a rumour a while back that Disney/Marvel had agreed to changes on the island, but with the removal of any existence of XMen and F4. Probably nonsense, but with an Avengers ride possibly seeing the removal of Doom, this could have started the process if it were true.

Edit: Just to add, I find the overall theme of MSHI too messy and not very immersive, especially now the bar has been raised with Potter. My personal belief is that it would be better for this area to be more focussed on, say the Avengers, and become Avengers Island...narrow the theme, enhance the fascades, an immersive dining option etc. Blue skying here, but it's my personal hope for this Island, which IMO should be the highlight of the park but falls a little short.

Last edited:
I've always wanted Storm Force to be enclosed, queue and all.

Not only would it be so much better thematically, but doing that could hopefully hide some of those unsightly "backstage" views.

Reactions: WolfmanJ
There was a rumour a while back that Disney/Marvel had agreed to changes on the island, but with the removal of any existence of XMen and F4. Probably nonsense, but with an Avengers ride possibly seeing the removal of Doom, this could have started the process if it were true.

Edit: Just to add, I find the overall theme of MSHI too messy and not very immersive, especially now the bar has been raised with Potter. My personal belief is that it would be better for this area to be more focussed on, say the Avengers, and become Avengers Island...narrow the theme, enhance the fascades, an immersive dining option etc. Blue skying here, but it's my personal hope for this Island, which IMO should be the highlight of the park but falls a little short.
I thought it was confirmed on here already that Disney does not have any say so what so ever on universals marvel super hero island. Isnt that true?

Ok but of course excluding the ones that have been there right?
No. If Uni wants to use Mark Ruffalo for Hulk or Tom Holland as Spider-Man, they need to talk to Marvel (Disney). Spider-Man could be a bit tougher as Sony is in on that as well.