New Profile Introduction | Inside Universal Forums

New Profile Introduction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 13, 2016
MIB HQ
Hello,

As far as some of you all may be aware, I'm a fairly new user here, but have posted some threads about various topics...

The name's Tank, not my birth name, but a name that stuck with me ever since I played football during my youth.

I'm currently seventeen years of age, 'bout to turn 18 on the last day of June. I'm a junior at an unnamed high school, who's interested in art and theme park design as a major career.

Now, you might ask, "What kind of school offers a career in theme park design?". Well, over at SCAD in Savannah, GA, they're the only school that currently offers a Masters in Themed Entertainment Design.

In other words, I wouldn't be the designer in charge of how the ride works, rather the theming in/around that ride. And it doesn't apply to just theme parks, it applies to shops, restaurants, museums, theatrical sets just to name a few....

I work in various forms of visual media, often drawing and painting, but recently started sculpting. My artwork can range from beautifully abstract to realism. I'll post samples of my art but when I try to upload to this post an error message says the file is too large?

I also have Tourette syndrome. Tourette's is a neurological disorder that consists of involuntary movements or sounds called tics. Not bug ticks:)
I also am passionate about pinball machines, 80s music, sci fi, classic movies, Disney, universal, and of course, MIB :)

Hello,

As far as some of you all may be aware, I'm a fairly new user here, but have posted some threads about various topics...

The name's Tank, not my birth name, but a name that stuck with me ever since I played football during my youth.

I'm currently seventeen years of age, 'bout to turn 18 on the last day of June. I'm a junior at an unnamed high school, who's interested in art and theme park design as a major career.

Now, you might ask, "What kind of school offers a career in theme park design?". Well, over at SCAD in Savannah, GA, they're the only school that currently offers a Masters in Themed Entertainment Design.

In other words, I wouldn't be the designer in charge of how the ride works, rather the theming in/around that ride. And it doesn't apply to just theme parks, it applies to shops, restaurants, museums, theatrical sets just to name a few....

I work in various forms of visual media, often drawing and painting, but recently started sculpting. My artwork can range from beautifully abstract to realism. I'll post samples of my art but when I try to upload to this post an error message says the file is too large?

I also have Tourette syndrome. Tourette's is a neurological disorder that consists of involuntary movements or sounds called tics. Not bug ticks:)
I also am passionate about pinball machines, 80s music, sci fi, classic movies, Disney, universal, and of course, MIB :)

Thanks for introducing yourself! Hope you enjoy your time on the forums.

Reactions: tankart150
Hello,

I'm unbelievably jealous of that degree! Heck, I might even add a second bachelor's degree just to get it! Welcome to Orlando United!

Reactions: tankart150