MSHI Expansion? | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With Starlord appearing in the next avengers film, if there is an avengers ride do you think Comcast will utilize that and use Chris Pratt's character to cancel out GOTG at Disney.

One of the contract requirements is no Marvel attractions within a 60 mile radius of IoA.

As it was brought up before; @BriMan or @hatetofly really should do an editorial on the Marvel Contract itself, on how WDW can use the contract and vice versa with USO.

With Starlord appearing in the next avengers film, if there is an avengers ride do you think Comcast will utilize that and use Chris Pratt's character to cancel out GOTG at Disney.

As said before on the OUPodcast and by Jim Hill and everyone else in to this; once the Guardians finally become one within the Avengers family, it will have GOTG locked from WDW to use.

To me, i'm wondering if BH6 is dealing with the same issue, but with a Full M&G; it makes me curious on what they can use with that IP.

So the Avengers talk has gone quiet, then? That's interesting. I guess we'll see how much different things are with Hulk (especially the queue), which will probably be our best clue of how things may go with the rest of the island. I don't really read comics, so how much has the art style changed between the current comics being put out and the 90s-era style the island is currently using? Is it more a subtle difference with color palettes, or is it a completely different art style overall in how they're drawn and colored?

So the Avengers talk has gone quiet, then? That's interesting. I guess we'll see how much different things are with Hulk (especially the queue), which will probably be our best clue of how things may go with the rest of the island. I don't really read comics, so how much has the art style changed between the current comics being put out and the 90s-era style the island is currently using? Is it more a subtle difference with color palettes, or is it a completely different art style overall in how they're drawn and colored?
Every artist is different but it's a lot more realistic generally.

Every artist is different but it's a lot more realistic generally.

I'm wondering if instead of the movies, with the art having a more realistic look in general if they might try and mimic that in the land? I would worry about the whole thing falling into the "uncanny valley" in that situation, though. I'll have to go look up examples of how they draw the characters currently before I post anything else, because those thoughts might be completely wrong depending on that.

Screw an Avengers ride. Just make a Doctor Strange attraction. Holy crap does that movie look crazy...

Screw an Avengers ride. Just make a Doctor Strange attraction. Holy crap does that movie look crazy...
Yeah I am really hoping they stick to his roots and keep it as mysticism and magic and not what was kind of implied by Fiege earlier as science based.

Yep! Before his Meet and Greet moved to the street, you used to be able to take a pic with Doom as you exited the ride, similar to how Goblin used to be in the Spidey exit. It creates a traffic jam though.

I remember going when the Preview Centre was up. Then I think, the year after when it was up and running. I only ever remember the characters coming out on bikes (Doom walked, because Doom). I really don't remember seeing them on the exits. Would love to see a pic of Doom on his throne, so cool!

As said before on the OUPodcast and by Jim Hill and everyone else in to this; once the Guardians finally become one within the Avengers family, it will have GOTG locked from WDW to use.

Not sure where Jim Hill got his law degree--I've only known him since his time as Harry Knowles' #1 Disney fanboi--but contracts don't generally work that way. If StarLord wasn't an Avenger on the date the contract was signed, he's not covered by it. Note that Iron Patriot (clearly an Avenger in both comics and movies) was used to promote Iron Man 2 at Downtown Disney, not Iron Man himself.

Put another way--if Mickey Mouse joins the Avengers in sequel #7, Universal can't turn around and use him in MSHI.

Not sure where Jim Hill got his law degree--I've only known him since his time as Harry Knowles' #1 Disney fanboi--but contracts don't generally work that way. If StarLord wasn't an Avenger on the date the contract was signed, he's not covered by it. Note that Iron Patriot (clearly an Avenger in both comics and movies) was used to promote Iron Man 2 at Downtown Disney, not Iron Man himself.

Put another way--if Mickey Mouse joins the Avengers in sequel #7, Universal can't turn around and use him in MSHI.

Either way, that 60 mile radius deal kills any plans.