Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I would say Far Far Away on a large scale would be Universal best bet as it would pretty much mock Fantasyland and you could have princesses finally at Universal (the crude vulgar kind) but I know a lot of people are shreked out.
I would agree, but Shrek as a brand hasn't aged well and no new movies are set to come out for it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
ICYMI: Motiongate Dubai will have a huge, indoor DreamWorks land. Will have mini-lands lands for Shrek, Madagascar, HTTYD, and KFP. Should give an idea of what DreamWorks lands could look like.

The far, far away castle is pretty impressive and I'm sure a themed hotel like that inside an American park would be very successful, but they shouldn't go crazy. The Asian parks have it about right with how they use Shrek, but I think Dragon, Panda, and Madagascar are way more interesting.

A third park with DreamWorks, Nintendo (it seriously needs a bigger footprint than Kidszone allows), possibly Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, could be really, really cool and possible game changer in the dynamics of central Florida theme parks. Am I forgetting an IP?

Reactions: martymcflyy85
A third park with DreamWorks, Nintendo (it seriously needs a bigger footprint than Kidszone allows), possibly Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, could be really, really cool and possible game changer in the dynamics of central Florida theme parks. Am I forgetting an IP?

My guess for Park 3 should this come to pass:

-Berk (HTTYD)
-Far, Far Away (Shrek)
-Valley of Peace (KFP)
-Madagascar
-Something Nintendo
-Jurassic World

In this situation, SLoP takes over Shrek and Jurassic Park in IoA becomes something else.

-Berk (HTTYD)
-Far, Far Away (Shrek)
-Valley of Peace (KFP)
-Madagascar
-Something Nintendo
-Jurassic World

In this situation, SLoP takes over Shrek and Jurassic Park in IoA becomes something else.

That's a lot of Dreamworks :lol:

Reactions: Mike S

-Berk (HTTYD)
-Far, Far Away (Shrek)
-Valley of Peace (KFP)
-Madagascar
-Something Nintendo
-Jurassic World

You forgot Star Trek. :D

Reactions: martymcflyy85

-Berk (HTTYD)
-Far, Far Away (Shrek)
-Valley of Peace (KFP)
-Madagascar
-Something Nintendo
-Jurassic World

I would agree but it seems unbalanced. If a land based off a classic live action series was include, the I would agree with the above.

Eh. I'd rather see it in Park 3, personally. Plus, we already have enough Dragons in IoA lol
You can never have too much Dragons.

-Berk (HTTYD)
-Far, Far Away (Shrek)
-Valley of Peace (KFP)
-Madagascar
-Something Nintendo
-Jurassic World

Why couldn't they keep both? They're different enough design wise.

Reactions: Mad Dog
If they are trying to do an Epcot style park, then DreamWorks would be great...more indepth world showcase of fake locations. Rivendell, Berk, Far Far Way, Valley of Peace, Hyrule, Madagascar, etc

That's a lot of Dreamworks :lol:

They're not spending 3 billion dollars for their health.

I would agree but it seems unbalanced. If a land based off a classic live action series was include, the I would agree with the above.

I could see Fantastic Beasts or LOTR fitting in there, but there's not a lot out there.

Why couldn't they keep both? They're different enough design wise.

I don't think they're different enough

You forgot Star Trek. :D

Star Trek can pound sand.

To me, I'm starting to envision this for Gate III for Possible IPs..

~Berk (HTTYD)
~Valley of Peace (KFP)
~Transylvania (Classic Monsters)
~Hyrule (Zelda)
~Sci-Fi IP (BSG, Doctor Who, E.T.C)
~Fantastic Beasts

~Berk
~Valley of Peace
~Hyrule
~Fantastic Beasts

I think you're kidding yourself if you think Shrek and Madagascar won't be represented.

I think Uni Monsters have more of a chance to replace Lost Continent than anything else. I also think Fantastic Beasts makes the most sense as a Mummy replacement.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think you're kidding yourself if you think Shrek and Madagascar won't be represented.

I think Uni Monsters have more of a chance to replace Lost Continent than anything else. I also think Fantastic Beasts makes the most sense as a Mummy replacement.
And I think your kidding yourself if you think Shrek is ever scene again. It hasn't aged well at all. Now Madagascar does seem like it may have a land.

~Berk (HTTYD)
~Valley of Peace (KFP)
~Hyrule (Zelda)
~Fantastic Beasts

I think you need to think bigger with Sci-Fi Land. (Pac Rim, Star Trek)

I personally don't think we see Fantastic Beasts at all at any park.

And I think your kidding yourself if you think Shrek is ever scene again. It hasn't aged well at all. Now Madagascar does seem like it may have a land.

We'll see. Shrek is still a HUGE merch seller at USF.

I think you need to think bigger with Sci-Fi Land. (Pac Rim, Star Trek)

Yea, if there's a Sci Fi land, it'll be Trek and something bigger. Doctor Who is just never going to happen.

I personally don't think we see Fantastic Beasts at all at any park.

I'm leaning that way as well, but if the series really takes off that could easily change.

Disney has rights to Doctor Who so Universal most likely won't get park rights for it.

Wha?

Status
Not open for further replies.