Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Fallon mentioned this tonight. He didn't really add much, but it apparently involves him racing around us. Could this mean we're partaking in the race too?

Is the steel work going to go higher than its current height on the building? It all seems to stop vertically where its presently at.

That'd be pretty cool actually. Like if they filmed different variations, and they could ask the audience to participate/interact with it, and then depending on their response, a certain video/experience is shown. So every riding experience is not the same.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I remember Corkscrew Hill! I quite liked it and didn't find anything wrong with the ride system. Haven't been on Europe in the Air but I imagine it'd be quite like Soarin' Around the World?
Don't want to get too off topic, but I loved Corkscrew Hill. It used the same ride system as Star Tours as I recalled. I went to Busch Gardens last Saturday but skipped Europe in the Air, because I went on it before. Meh at best. Needs to be replaced.

What we are getting at Fallon I fear will be too similar to Despicable Me and the Simpsons, but the ride technology sounds different in a good way. I am excited to see how this ride turns out.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that Universal can build this ride from scratch in under two years whereas it has taken about two years for EPCOT's Soarin' to get an additional theater? Is Soarin' so much more difficult or different that it isn't a great comparison?

Reactions: Brervixen
Am I the only one who finds it odd that Universal can build this ride from scratch in under two years whereas it has taken about two years for EPCOT's Soarin' to get an additional theater? Is Soarin' so much more difficult or different that it isn't a great comparison?

Way different. A much more simple system that will be prefabbed offsite. Basically three hydraulic columns and a large steel platform with seats. Not the epic system that Soarin' uses.

Way different. A much more simple system that will be prefabbed offsite. Basically three hydraulic columns and a large steel platform with seats. Not the epic system that Soarin' uses.
Also adding the third theatre hasn't been a big prority for Epcot. The plan all along has been to open the 3rd theatre with the new film, which they can't show until Shanghai opens.

Earlier in the thread Teebs was somewhat comparing it to the BGW ride system. That one is actually a bit intense. If that's it, it could recreate a racing effect pretty good. I was on it when it had a film that had you riding in a pouch ( you had been shrunk to the size of a leprechaun) on a unicorn. And it really felt like you were racing on a fast bumpy galloping horse like creature.
BGW?

Is the ride system coming from Oceaneering as well? On Kong, you had stated that they did the ride vehicles (if I understood you correctly). I went onto their site from your link and saw that Oceaneering also has large theaters with moving bench rows. Figured it was a long shot but thought I would ask. I also understand if you can't tell or don't know.