Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

This event has been declining by degrees for years. We like it because it cheaper than a one day pass, better parade, better firework, more fun than an average day at MK and you get free candy.

Hey guys, looking for some advice/thoughts. We want to do MNSSHP this year sometime between October 21st-31st. With the new tiered pricing, do you think that the more expensive nights will be any quieter at all or do you think that we may as well just get the cheapest night we can, as they will all be roughly the same crowd-wise?
I realise this is untested yet, but just wanted people's thoughts from other situations like this that they may have experienced :)

We did Halloween Night last year and it's always the same number of guests. They sell out almost every date and the actual Halloween date will sell out soon. We figured since we had family visiting with younger kids it was worth it to do the party ON Halloween since there isn't really anything else for vacationers to do that day. We spent our morning at Aquatica then the evening at Disney and had a lot of fun.

Hey guys, looking for some advice/thoughts. We want to do MNSSHP this year sometime between October 21st-31st. With the new tiered pricing, do you think that the more expensive nights will be any quieter at all or do you think that we may as well just get the cheapest night we can, as they will all be roughly the same crowd-wise?
I realise this is untested yet, but just wanted people's thoughts from other situations like this that they may have experienced :)

I honestly don't think it matters. NSS will always have crowds, so might as well pay the cheapest you can.

This is one of the best events Disney does. Its worth the money. My and my wife went the weekend before halloween last year and it was awesome. Wasnt too crowded because most people are in line for candy. The candy lines move really fast and the lines for the rides are not that bad. I think the longest we waited in line was 20 mins for Thunder Mountain and about 20 mins for mine train the rest of the ride were walk ons (even space mnt)

I agree with everyone else. Its definitely worth it. The fireworks show is awesome. And sometimes you will see people with some pretty creative costumes so its cool seeing that. Plus you can arrive early around 4 I think. And the even though the park is full to the max the lines for the rides are not that bad. I guess because of the candy lines and other things going on. The parade is pretty neat also.

This kicks off in just a few days (Sep 2nd) and there's not been much activity on this thread for a while. I'm booked to attend Oct 25th, any other OU'ers booked in before then to give us some juicy info/tips? :)

I will be there September 13th and will post about anything interesting, new or useful afterwards. I'll be dressed up as Walter White from Breaking Bad.

Awesome! My wife and I are going as Leslie & Ron from Parks and Recreation, I'll be sure to add a pic on here for folks delectation! I've not been to MNSSHP since 2010 but had a blast back then. Hoping that the current attendance decline at WDW will actually keep the purposefully limited crowds even lower tbh... Walk-ons all night would be pretty sweet!:ears:

I can't believe it starts 9/2. I was considering going that first night but... I have time.

The fact that not a single night of the event has sold out yet is certainly very telling. This strongly indicates you should have no problem attending any other date you desire.
Touring Plans recently downgraded WDW crowd levels from their previous projections for September. But, TP has been so far off of predicting WDW for the past 12 months, it probably doesn't matter much.;)

This kicks off in just a few days (Sep 2nd) and there's not been much activity on this thread for a while. I'm booked to attend Oct 25th, any other OU'ers booked in before then to give us some juicy info/tips? :)

Best tip is to be at the gates no later than 3:45 (you won't be in the park that day right?) and when they let you in you can use your fast passes until the party starts at 7.

Yes, you can book FPs for those slots if you juggle the times a bit. Your MNSSHP ticket should be in the disney app and with that you get FPs!.

Eat early or you will only get candy and snacks during the party. There are limited counter service open during the party and no table service. Unless they change it up, going by last year.

Do the second parade and do rides during the first. Get a good spot for the fireworks, it is a very good show.

Best tip is to be at the gates no later than 3:45 (you won't be in the park that day right?) and when they let you in you can use your fast passes until the party starts at 7.

Yes, you can book FPs for those slots if you juggle the times a bit. Your MNSSHP ticket should be in the disney app and with that you get FPs!.

Eat early or you will only get candy and snacks during the party. There are limited counter service open during the party and no table service. Unless they change it up, going by last year.

Do the second parade and do rides during the first. Get a good spot for the fireworks, it is a very good show.

Thanks for all that, will definitely make the most by being there before 16:00 and booking some fp's before the party starts :thumbsup: