Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Somebody just posted this to UOAP facebook page. Found in a comic today.

GZlTNOO.jpg

This looks amazing. I hope we get another announcement soon about something

Wow, ok. Do we think broken track pieces like shown are something we will be getting? Or just added for effect. Could make a great photo op or could look cheesy.

Modernized station looks cool!

It looks like it's in front of the station. It would make a great entrance. It reminds me of Nemesis with the fake track.

6935615878_05d005dd1b_b.jpg

The old hulk statue you mean? Yes, that is somewhere out there, saw it two weeks when riding doom.

Cheers, mate!

The trains are there, but the elements around the track are not done, so I doubt any testing is taking place yet
They had scaffold set up in the tunnel under the pathway today. Looked like maybe lighting and effects on the roof?

If they were testing at night you would see the marks on the tracks so - not yet.

Reactions: Ryno27
It looks like it's in front of the station. It would make a great entrance. It reminds me of Nemesis with the fake track.

6935615878_05d005dd1b_b.jpg
Wow that is really cool and terrifying haha. I need to get there one day. And agreed after thinking about it I'm confident universal will do it right and it will end up being an absolutely iconic coaster entrance.

Wow that is really cool and terrifying haha. I need to get there one day. And agreed after thinking about it I'm confident universal will do it right and it will end up being an absolutely iconic coaster entrance.
Nemesis looks great, but it's a poor mans Dragon Challenge. Not very high, not very long and only the one track. Now Nemesis Sub-Terra when you have the right TMs running the ride has the potential to be terrifying. It's similar to alien encounter

Reactions: Ryno27
Nemesis looks great, but it's a poor mans Dragon Challenge. Not very high, not very long and only the one track. Now Nemesis Sub-Terra when you have the right TMs running the ride has the potential to be terrifying. It's similar to alien encounter

I can't disagree more. Nemesis is limited in height by the tree line, what John Wardley achieved with that ride is incredible. Dragon Challenge was good when it dueled but now it's kind of boring and predictable. Nemesis is low to the ground, feels a lot faster than it is and is completely unpredictable. Theming wise as well, Nemesis wins it out the park.

I can't disagree more. Nemesis is limited in height by the tree line, what John Wardley achieved with that ride is incredible. Dragon Challenge was good when it dueled but now it's kind of boring and predictable. Nemesis is low to the ground, feels a lot faster than it is and is completely unpredictable. Theming wise as well, Nemesis wins it out the park.
Although I agree with you on nemesis, dueling dragons is still an awesome ride dueling or not. Both layouts provide great elements and pacing. And what do you mean by "predictable"? It's a rollercoaster, it always goes through the same track each time....

As for the hulk the entrance looks amazing. I'm still hoping they utilize that amazing hulk sign from the original ride somewhere.

I can only go from personal and familial experience. My wife was terrified of coasters until a few years ago when we finally persuaded her to ride RnR. Now she's a coaster machine and is raring to go when the rest of us are coastered out. Dragons is her favourite all time ride and her quote of the day after riding nemesis was "is that it?" She was totally disappointed by it. I'm pretty much the same. I get off it feeling underwhelmed each and every time.

This is something I always feel regarding coasters in the States and in Britain. Over here in Britain we have harsher planning restrictions which leads to more creativity on layouts. Nemesis with its huge pit and the way it gains speed instead of peaking at the first drop, the way Smiler had to be condensed into a tiny area which is a spectacular piece of design and engineering. Stateside though you can build huge, vast coasters. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but in some cases it makes elements large and drawn out plus the interaction with the surroundings is so much less. I love Dragon Challenge, but Nemesis is deceiving. It doesn't look big, yet it packs some serious force and the roar it makes as you get near to it is mind blowing. 22 years on and still easily argued the best coaster in Britain. Opinions are great though, causes discussion!

Back to Hulk, that entrance looks incredible if that happens! Much better than a slightly 3D sign. Could use one of the old cars and piece of track for it as well?

Reactions: Fatality