Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 147 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, just curious, what timeframe are we thinking about for late summer? Like, August? I really thought this would be ready by our trip the last week of July. :saywhat: Oh well, just another reason to return, right? ;)

Reactions: Macfr3ak
The media relations link on the UO website. The link is at the bottom of the page.

Ooops, it is all password protected now and some of the tricks I used to use no longer work. Briman probably had the pictures emailed directly to him (Orlando United) by Universal marketing.

I have a password for it but there's no Hulk on there yet. Probably show up tomorrow I guess.

So, just curious, what timeframe are we thinking about for late summer? Like, August? I really thought this would be ready by our trip the last week of July. :saywhat: Oh well, just another reason to return, right? ;)

I'd say Hulk will open "when it's ready". Late summer is just covering their butt.

That being said, I heard August

I'd say Hulk will open "when it's ready". Late summer is just covering their butt.

If everything is going to look like the concept art looks, then they can open it in October for all I care! I can rest now this is all I needed lol.

Yeah, I definitely think this is primarily meant to separate Hulk from Kong. Perhaps they originally thought it might open sooner, like 5 weeks ago? Regardless, I would guess they want to soft this in August assuming there are no serious issues and delays.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Absolutely love the update. I've been a very creative person and different as many of you know, for all my life but geez, didn't see the eyes on the coaster coming for Hulk. Another coaster at Universal or rumored, yes but not Hulk! Love it!

The launch tunnel looks amazing.

13096327_10108545223405611_6930350764727261899_n.jpg

I get it if it wasn't physically possible for the current Launch Tunnel, but I wish that they would've gone and had those old lasers from the original concept art. I get why, but I just see it as a missed opportunity.

Either way though.. :drool:

Maybe they aren't showing all of the effects in that picture.

I wonder if Fallout Boy were recording anything a few weeks ago when at Universal.
They wouldn't really have had much time, they were in the middle of a tour. They would've only had a few hours (which, may be all they needed if the composing work was already done).

Crazy that this will be closed for pretty much a whole year. My trip to Universal this year has been overshadowed by the fact I'm finally going back to Disney this year after about 8 years of not going. But this announcement today has got me super hyped. Still a little nervous it won't be open by the time I'm there on August 25th

With the music sampling that's present in some of they're current hits and this being an attraction for Universal about the Incredible Hulk I wonder if the Lonely Man theme from the television show might be incorporated into the ride's score somehow.

I think it will definitely be open by August 25th. That is at the very end of summer and wouldn't be considered "summer". It will probably be open by mid July, if everything goes to plan and a car doesn't go flying off the track (That's for you, Roller Coaster Tycoon fans;)).

Hey, I'll be there the last week of July too. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Macfr3ak
The original Hulk track was designed to make a roar as the cars went along it. Neat effect but made being in the area hard to hear much else. Since the New cars have audio built in does this mean the new track is quieter?

So excited about how this will look at nighttime. So can we confirm that the only lights are the headlights and the two smaller ones on the side? Or are there some along the sides of the rows as well?
Looks to me as though there is an LED installation on the bottom of the car. Difficult to tell for sure though because of the lighting setup from the promotional shoot.
Screen%20Shot%202016-05-10%20at%2009.48.28.png

Reactions: Ryno27 and 12th Man