Shanghai Disneyland | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Shanghai Disneyland

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why are all of you SO passionate/defensive about this Kong ride....?

You haven't riden it. So it's somebody else's opinions y'all hold...

There is a big difference between having an opinion on a ride after watching a POV and having an opinion on a ride in which you have seen virtually nothing.

As of right now, I'm indifferent to Kong, personally I don't know what much about what to really expect so I don't really have an opinion about how good or bad it may be.

There is a big difference between having an opinion on a ride after watching a POV and having an opinion on a ride in which you have seen virtually nothing.

As of right now, I'm indifferent to Kong, personally I don't know what much about what to really expect so I don't really have an opinion about how good or bad it may be.
Once again - assuming I've seen "virtually nothing."

Stay pressed kids. Not rocket science to know that this attraction blows Kong out of the water IF you wanna compare the two (in its execution of screens meeting practical.)

Reactions: Nick and Scott W.
I don't know why you are comparing a ride that will never ever exist in the states within the next three years to what we are getting with Kong. I don't think anyone is disillusioned to think that its going to be a half a million dollar ride. Guess what, Jurassic Park isn't all that impressive but I still enjoy riding it every time I go to the park same with Dudley.

I don't know why you are comparing a ride that will never ever exist in the states within the next three years to what we are getting with Kong. I don't think anyone is disillusioned to think that its going to be a half a million dollar ride. Guess what, Jurassic Park isn't all that impressive but I still enjoy riding it every time I go to the park same with Dudley.
I'm not even taking about it being impressive, I'm talking about a certain aspect of the attraction being done right.

Stay pressed. ;-)

Reactions: Scott W.
I'm not even taking about it being impressive, I'm talking about a certain aspect of the attraction being done right.

Stay pressed. ;-)

Trust me I'm not pressed. You would know if I was. And as of now, they still have time to change things for Kong so....the fact that something isn't done "right" may not even be a problem. Back to shanghai

I just hope you don't get pressed if Kong ends being better than you personally think and surpass your former universal executive friend's opinion that he has imposed on you.
I would LOVE for Kong to be better than I think it'll be.

But I'm pretty sure I'm on the nose in knowing that it's gonna be an entertaining ride but nothing special. (Queue on the other hand...)

Also, there's much more to it than that one person's opinion.

Can we please stop with the pettiness?
Yes.

The differing opinions? No. Go on Facebook if you want to block out contrary opinions you don't want to hear.

It's not being a contrarian to disagree. It's called having a different opinion. Have yours and I'll have mine and move on. But this is a discussion forum we aren't all going to agree (and that's fine.)

I still love @JungleSkip and wanna buy him a beer (or 4) next "Cartoon Network Rides Kong" day.

Reactions: Eckert
Woah, the new POTC looks incredible. However, the lack of 3D is a bit weird... I feel like having the screens 2D may take away from the experience a bit, and having them be full 3D would've made this one of the best attractions on the planet. However, I have not ridden it myself (and I probably never will) so I won't judge. Overall though... so freaking amazing.

If the boat ride that they're building in Avatar Land is anything like this version of Pirates, I'll be excited. That looks so freaking cool.