Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 317 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Please don't get carried away with my spoiler. Although some of it is fact, the rest is an opinion of someone else and not me. That said, I mostly trust this opinion as I understand how they talk. Regardless, many may view the attraction differently. Do not despair as this was not my intention.

Reactions: Ryno27
Interesting a certain Yeti problem would be a problem on a slow moving ride. My guess is angles and lighting causing issues. But I could be wrong.

I thought you said your daughter didn't see the Yeti because it went by so fast. That she only saw the earlier shadow projection.

Let me clarify that this isn't such a serious issue on this ride but you will roll right by and not stop even though there is more to it that is very satisfactory.

Reactions: Ryno27
I thought you said your daughter didn't see the Yeti because it went by so fast. That she only saw the earlier shadow projection.

Let me clarify that this isn't such a serious issue on this ride but you will roll right by and not stop even though there is more to it that is very satisfactory.
Couldn't they just edit the ride and make it stop for a little?

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
I'm sorry but there are bad seats on the team tour. If you're in the middle and you are of a smaller stature Inbetween larger guests - your view is all kinds of screwed.

I can't imagine we are going to be passing the Kong AA as fast as the Yeti AA so I'm gonna say it might also be a lighting issue.
The ride vehicles have definitely been my biggest concern. I'm worried some seats are going to get shafted in regards to view.

Reactions: Nick

Yes, you do go by too fast on Everest and I believe the shadow part is the part (which you stop at) is the part that freaked her out. I was saying that on a slow moving ride you shouldn't have the same issue as Yeti because it is slower :) Sounds like you will see it, but not as long as the execs would like you to see it because you don't stop. Now I get it, she saw it better when we were stopped and you would see Kong better if you stopped. Two sick kids home today, it didn't click until now.

Reactions: Mike S
I hope he looks like this.

:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:
latest

Reading between the lines of the last few pages has really brought me down to reality with respect to whatever the finale with the Kong AA is going to entail. I'm trying REALLY hard to not form concrete expectations before riding the attraction for myself, but if they've in any way fumbled what should be the centerpiece of the ride, I'm not going to be terribly thrilled.

Hopefully it's going to be great!

Hmmm... some updates and corrections.

Correction to my previous statement based on a long misunderstanding. There are three screen scenes and not two.

I now have a better understanding of why some TM's might have thought that one of the projections wasn't finished. :frown:

The Kong AA does in fact have a Yeti AA issue and it has nothing to do with it ever breaking down. Izzy mentioned recently that her daughter had a problem with even seeing it.[spoiler/]
I have been told a possible dome screen in the queue, could this be one of the three? Also had a friend cast member who walked through the attraction and he hinted at more than one Kong AA..

Don't be unsettled.

This ride is gonna be a solid 7-8/10.

Oh, I have no doubt that it's going to be a very fun, very solid attraction overall, and for most people. There's just one particular element that's going to make it or break it for me. That may be unfair, but we're all allowed to judge attractions based on different (and sometimes very personal and idiosyncratic) standards.

Oh, I have no doubt that it's going to be a very fun, very solid attraction overall, and for most people. There's just one particular element that's going to make it or break it for me. That may be unfair, but we're allowed to judge attractions based on different standards.
Oh, absolutely!

Just get ready to be ripped to shreds when you express any critique/comment/"negativity"/"contrarian" opinion.

I'm starting a support group for us "Debbie downer/negative nancy" types.

I hope he looks like this.

:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:
latest
From everything I understand, that pretty much is it. Now walk past it briskly for the full effect.
Pretty much what I expected all along but I thought we would at least go slow or stop. Maybe he'll lean forward and roar so everyone could have a pretty good look?

The most pie in the sky hope I ever got to was him rearing up and beating his chest.

Reactions: Sean