Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sounds like Mike needs to keep the interns the hell away from the Twitter account.
Yeah... And if the social media team is just NOW figuring out the fans react the cryptic tweets like that they're much further behind the trends than I thought.

^ Yeah, one has to be careful what they tweet since fans will look into it as deep as they can if possible. You don't wanna' be in a position where you have to straight up deny what's coming, since it can make it easier to figure out what actually is.

As for cobweb, it could very well be a Mummy house which would be fairly welcome. Though I won't lie, I really hope something like Catacombs get's a sequel/requel whatever house in the future. Unlike Havoc, it had much more then the talent going for it. It had creepy/bad ass characters, as well as the perfect kind of setting to help scare the crap outta' everyone. Very dark and claustrophobic places will do that to many.

An' on the general subject of returning originals/turning a scare zone into a house, I would personally love to see them make an American Gothic house.

Reaching? Some people were just hoping it was going to lead to another announcement right after. We already had 2 over the past few weeks. So why not a 3rd? It would have at least made significantly more sense if they put that tweet up on Mother's Day.

Anyone thinking it was a possibility after a few hours of waiting might be labeled as reaching. The first hour or less those who saw it were caught up in the feeding frenzy of early house announcements.

Last edited:
Reaching? Some people were just hoping it was going to lead to another announcement right after. We already had 2 over the past few weeks. So why not a 3rd? It would have at least made significantly more sense if they put that tweet up on Mother's Day.

Anyone thinking it was a possibility after a few hours of waiting might be labeled as reaching. The first hour or less those who saw it were caught up in the feeding frenzy of early house announcements.
When have they ever posted a GIF of the exact film their announcing BEFORE it was announced?

They have code names and clues and hits for a reason. They would NEVER be so brazen/bold/forward UNLESS it was an announcement.

I'm sorry you have NO ONE to blame but yourself if you thought this was a clue/hint/house announcement.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
When have they ever posted a GIF of the exact film their announcing BEFORE it was announced?

They have code names and clues and hits for a reason. They would NEVER be so brazen/bold/forward UNLESS it was an announcement.
Never as a clue beforehand... But it would have made sense to put it up right before the announcement considering Mother's Day was just 2 days prior. Personally, I waited several minutes after the post and then realized it obviously wasn't going to happen. I don't think everyone pays attention to what time the post is made though. So people popping in and seeing Norman obviously got a little excited, which should be expected.

Like I said already, it would have made more sense putting it up on Mother's Day. Showing a pic of a horror icon in the middle of house announcement season is a sure way to get the attention of people on twitter. Unfortunately, now all those fans of Psycho will be disappointed since it wasn't really thought out by those who made the post, other than that, it's no big deal really.

They been wanted to do a year round site to give fans info but Marketing never supported it cause they dont think there's an audience for it.. Yes Mike talks on Twitter but not all year long like Murdy does and even then Mike gets told what to say sometimes..

They been wanted to do a year round site to give fans info but Marketing never supported it cause they dont think there's an audience for it.. Yes Mike talks on Twitter but not all year long like Murdy does and even then Mike gets told what to say sometimes..
Most importantly ... It's not always Mike!!!!!

Most importantly ... It's not always Mike!!!!!
You mean Mike doesn't single handedly write, sketch, and mock-up every house, show, and scarezone for HHN and the rest of Universal's entertainment, nor does he fit and so all the costumes and make-up, nor cast every scareactor himself!?!?!?

*dies*

I'm a little confused as to how the "social team" wouldn't understand "the magnitude of tweets". It's kinda funny really.

I honestly didn't realize that the posts made there weren't either by him, or at least agreed upon by all those involved. If the only tweets he is responsible for are the one's with a -m or Mike next to it, he hardly ever posts at all then I guess. My mistake for thinking he was more involved.

I was looking at the construction pics a few minutes ago and I believe that the walls (blocks) and window/opening look like something you'd find in an old castle. Then again, the wall is not finished yet, so who knows what the final touches will look like.

Last edited:
I'm a little confused as to how the "social team" wouldn't understand "the magnitude of tweets". It's kinda funny really.

I honestly didn't realize that the posts made there weren't either by him, or at least agreed upon by all those involved. If the only tweets he is responsible for are the one's with a -m or Mike next to it, he hardly ever posts at all then I guess. My mistake for thinking he was more involved.

I was looking at the construction pics a few minutes ago and I believe that the walls (blocks) and window/opening look like something you'd find in an old castle. Then again, the wall is not finished yet, so who knows what the final touches will look like.

Universal seems to not have a good handle on social media, website development, and app development. Of the 3 parks Universal is the weakest by far. Even my friend who had never been to Orlando as an adult and went to Uni and Disney said to me without prompting how bad Uni's website was. She had a hard time finding the information she needed. Their app wait times are pretty far off from the actual posted signs. Everything is very clunky and out dated when it comes to technology. So no, I don't think Uni has a good team in place for this stuff. Their tech team seems to be stuck 5 years in the past to be honest with you.

Universal seems to not have a good handle on social media, website development, and app development.
I think they're doing a pretty good job with social media. They've had a few issues where they've put some misleading information out, but I don't include the recent Psycho tweet in that. The Psycho tweet was very obviously not a hint or related to HHN26, I don't think they should be afraid to tweet something fun and relevant to the genre just out of fear that someone will think it's an announcement.

Reactions: Stitch_101
Universal seems to not have a good handle on social media, website development, and app development. Of the 3 parks Universal is the weakest by far.
Really, I think their social media interacts well with guests..responding to comments, updating people, doing special promotions, etc..The website is kind of bizarre though

Really, I think their social media interacts well with guests..responding to comments, updating people, doing special promotions, etc..The website is kind of bizarre though
Ya the website really is the worst of the four. I would say it's even worse than some of the local attractions like Fun Spot. There App isn't the worst one of the three IMO. Disney has the best but there is something weird about SeaWorld's app that I can't put my finger on. I just don't like it. Maybe clunky at times? I wouldn't know anything about the social media, but Ik Disney and SeaWorld do a great job with there's.

Ya the website really is the worst of the four. I would say it's even worse than some of the local attractions like Fun Spot. There App isn't the worst one of the three IMO. Disney has the best but there is something weird about SeaWorld's app that I can't put my finger on. I just don't like it. Maybe clunky at times? I wouldn't know anything about the social media, but Ik Disney and SeaWorld do a great job with there's.
Ironically I think the best theme park website design is Jurassic World everything is laid out perfectly. Planning information is all on the right and everything is pretty easy to find. Then on the left is all the current information (wait times, weather etc.). Clicking the buttons on the top left or right quickly brings back up those navigational menus.

Reactions: UNIrd