Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Haha well I mean I'm really not tryna start a screen debate but ...

For what its worth, F&F in the current state of the franchise is unavoidable that you have to use Screens. Its just how it is; especially for some of the stunts that you see them try to pull either by CG or by actual stunt work (F7 and the parachute drop sequence for example).

Back to something else though, is the ride car rumored to be having two cars attached to eachother or just one like how RoK is on its ride car? I would think that it'd be better to just have the one car but I may be in the minority for that.

Too late to trash this and do a Gymkhana ride-along with Ken Block? :) A crazy car sim ride based on something realistic would be sweet.

For what its worth, F&F in the current state of the franchise is unavoidable that you have to use Screens. Its just how it is; especially for some of the stunts that you see them try to pull either by CG or by actual stunt work (F7 and the parachute drop sequence for example).

Back to something else though, is the ride car rumored to be having two cars attached to eachother or just one like how RoK is on its ride car? I would think that it'd be better to just have the one car but I may be in the minority for that.
But the plot size is so big they could have done something spectacular. Even the small size of Transformers the ride vehicle makes it a fun "thrill" ride for what it is. But the plot is big enough for practical sets, which is an advantage over TF, but the ride vehicles give me the same concern as KONG about how well the view/experience will be depending on your seat, and unlike TF, you don't have that feel of really being part of the experience with the vehicles. This could be on Gringotts level, but we're getting a fast & furious ride that's neither fast nor furious...

Reactions: Cheezbat
From what Parkscopes post about permits showed of F&F; i'd say that's not the outline..

I don't see how the site matches the water site permits at all. It looks like they are framing up a perimeter footer, but it doesn't line up at all with what we've seen unless this is the perimeter of the main show room and they are just building a footer for it's walls. But even in that case, this seems to be an unusual way to do it. Any chance there has been a change to the plans?

I don't see how the site matches the water site permits at all. It looks like they are framing up a perimeter footer, but it doesn't line up at all with what we've seen unless this is the perimeter of the main show room and they are just building a footer for it's walls. But even in that case, this seems to be an unusual way to do it. Any chance there has been a change to the plans?
An outdoor section, perhaps?

Reactions: martymcflyy85
The area shown in the aerial is all underground excavation. It's for a basement. It is not the outline of the building.
By outline I meant for the ride with the rest of the space being the queue. Should've been more clear. I know the whole area will be enclosed in the show building.

The area shown in the aerial is all underground excavation. It's for a basement. It is not the outline of the building.

After looking closer at the pics, I guess you are right about it being basement height. The scale throw me off initially. I'm just not sure why that doesn't show up in the water plans. I thought those would have all footers marked. Even if not, It shows the first floor elevation and it matches all of the buildings in the project. You'd think a change in elevation would be marked.