Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 343 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm glad my daughter (12 on the 1st of June) is a horror affectionado like me. A few months back we watched De Lift (Dutch horror movie about a haunted elevator, had a US remake as The Shaft as well, but we watched the original); anyway, I had told her this movie freaked me out as a kid (it did, I was mortified of taking elevators for a long time) and my daughter said: this is dumb, you must have been a very gullible child.

I think Izzy should show that Episode 5 video to her daughter to gauge whether she is ready for this attraction.

Good idea!!! Now that we are not blacked out of IOA in June we will be going to IOA in June with friends. So I imagine Kong will be on the list of rides to go on since my friends kids are older. I figured we would do rider swap and based on the first ride determine whether she goes on the second time.

I will try to show her the video tonight.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
She said, "She didn't like it, it was scary, and we should never go on that ride"

Then while I was typing this she said she wanted to go on it once, just to see what it was. Then she asked if it was going to be just like the video. lol

Now she wants to see more of the video again to see the bones part. And she has her shark and is saying, "King Kong Shark"

Kids are so confusing.

Nah, just part of her reasoning it out... that nothing bad happens at a park... it is all pretend when she thinks about it.

Agreed. She even asked if it was real. I said no baby, you know theme parks are all pretend. She goes, "Oh OK". So it sounds like she is willing to go on. She keeps talking about the bones and if they are in the ride. She also asked if there was a real Skull Island. I said the only Skull Island is in the theme park and it is was all created by Universal people. She seems to understand that part. We will see if she crawls into my bed in the middle of the night because she things Kong is eating her. My favorite dream of her is when a wolf is eating her. I call her "wolf food" she was not fond of that the first time it happened. But the second time she also thought it was funny. Since she has thought it was funny the dream has not come back.

Agreed. She even asked if it was real. I said no baby, you know theme parks are all pretend. She goes, "Oh OK". So it sounds like she is willing to go on. She keeps talking about the bones and if they are in the ride. She also asked if there was a real Skull Island. I said the only Skull Island is in the theme park and it is was all created by Universal people. She seems to understand that part. We will see if she crawls into my bed in the middle of the night because she things Kong is eating her. My favorite dream of her is when a wolf is eating her. I call her "wolf food" she was not fond of that the first time it happened. But the second time she also thought it was funny. Since she has thought it was funny the dream has not come back.

Kong eats people?! Oh hell, now I'M having nightmares.

I hope she really enjoys it when she gets to go on it. :)