Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

In light of all this talk of perhaps maybe an imminent possible soft opening, I have a question. Once it begins, how exactly does a soft opening work? Will the walls be down and the ride accessible, and you just go wait like for any ride? Or do you have to be chosen or sign up or something?

In light of all this talk of perhaps maybe an imminent possible soft opening, I have a question. Once it begins, how exactly does a soft opening work? Will the walls be down and the ride accessible, and you just go wait like for any ride? Or do you have to be chosen or sign up or something?

A million different ways. We believe walls will come down with a chain blocking off the ride if not open. Softs can start and stop at any time until the ride officially opens.

A million different ways. We believe walls will come down with a chain blocking off the ride if not open. Softs can start and stop at any time until the ride officially opens.
Thanks for the info, and for humoring a newbie! I would just like to say that I really love this forum, everyone is very friendly and informative. I have a feeling I will be hanging around here long after I go on my first Universal trip in June. :)

Was she made by Creature Technology?

No. A company in NH or VT created the robotic characters. I know the company but just don't feel like looking up the site right now.

Correct me if I'm wrong: there are 4 rumored AA's in the ride right? Kong being the obvious 1 of them

It would count. How did you nail 4 so well? It appears that to some there are more based on limited reviews of the 3D. I am also surprised that one unique effect isn't being mentioned. Perhaps they didn't use it on the TMs?

Last edited:
The only way I could see this happening is a death or crash of the economy and visitors to UOR. Otherwise, this park ain't the MK.

On another note, doesn't the queue look very dark! Almost darker than Mummy where I always tripped on the stairs... :saywhat:
Yeah, Mummy's tough. I bumped into a wall four times on my first ride last week. Ouch! :bang:

No. A company in NH or VT created the robotic characters. I know the company but just don't feel like looking up the site right now.

It would count. How did you nail 4 so well? It appears that to some there are more based on limited reviews. I am also surprised that one unique effect isn't being mentioned. Perhaps they didn't use it on the TMs?

I could've sworn that you or another forum member were saying that number a few pages ago or so hahaha :lol: I'm trying be better at keeping up I promise!

"Unique effect?" She doesn't spit water does she??? :lol:

also you have to remember universal isnt afraid of having people die in their shows or rides.T2 guide dies by getting choked to death.MIB you blow up the roach.Mummy Reggie dies.So ya universal isn't afraid to show death or violence.

Would love to know the company, if it's possible! I never knew we had anything that cool up here. Would be cool to try to set up a tour...