Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MSHI Expansion?

No The Marvel Action Universe shall be in or marketed in conjunction with any themed entertainment areas owned, operated or marketed by Disney - :ears: thats is pretty freaking straight forward lol

Universal Orlando Resort has exclusive rights to use any Marvel property within 60 miles of the resort. - :saywhat:
hmmm

GREAT ARTICLE - Can't thank you enough for writing it guys!

All the times I have read over the contract and this was the first time I ever noticed that.

So If Universal Orlando has rights to Marvel Rides, why haven't they jumped on the opportunity of putting an Avengers or Iron Man ride in Marvel Island. Especially when those are all at the peak of popularity. Whatever happened to the Avengers ride rumor or the Iron Man coaster in the Toon Lagoon rumor? I mean shouldn't THAT be a priority to compete with Disney down the street? Same thing goes for Jurassic World or Nintendo. Theses plans should be ahead and fast tracked. They have made a ridiculous amount of money over the past few years.

So If Universal Orlando has rights to Marvel Rides, why haven't they jumped on the opportunity of putting an Avengers or Iron Man ride in Marvel Island. Especially when those are all at the peak of popularity. Whatever happened to the Avengers ride rumor or the Iron Man coaster in the Toon Lagoon rumor?

You realize the answer is right above your post? :lol:

So If Universal Orlando has rights to Marvel Rides, why haven't they jumped on the opportunity of putting an Avengers or Iron Man ride in Marvel Island. Especially when those are all at the peak of popularity. Whatever happened to the Avengers ride rumor or the Iron Man coaster in the Toon Lagoon rumor? I mean shouldn't THAT be a priority to compete with Disney down the street? Same thing goes for Jurassic World or Nintendo. Theses plans should be ahead and fast tracked. They have made a ridiculous amount of money over the past few years.

I think the issue was after Kong they wanted to move back to Studios, but Nintendo wasn't at a point where they could start construction on it. So instead we get Fallon and F&F. I think if they would have thought about it, it would have been more smart to do something with Marvel instead of Fallon and F&F and stayed in IOA after Kong. Then they could have closed Kidzone when they wanted to because Twister and Disaster would have still been up. But I think where that plan fails is that both those attractions were on their last leg and probably couldn't have lasted until Nintendo opened in 2018. So instead we get Nintendo in 2020 because now they can't close Kidzone. I am sure they would love to move on all of this stuff, but they can only close so much at one time and only work on so much at one time. Especially since they are also building a water park and hotels.

I think the issue was after Kong they wanted to move back to Studios, but Nintendo wasn't at a point where they could start construction on it. So instead we get Fallon and F&F. I think if they would have thought about it, it would have been more smart to do something with Marvel instead of Fallon and F&F and stayed in IOA after Kong. Then they could have closed Kidzone when they wanted to because Twister and Disaster would have still been up. But I think where that plan fails is that both those attractions were on their last leg and probably couldn't have lasted until Nintendo opened in 2018. So instead we get Nintendo in 2020 because now they can't close Kidzone. I am sure they would love to move on all of this stuff, but they can only close so much at one time and only work on so much at one time. Especially since they are also building a water park and hotels.

Yeah just can't even fathom the combination of: Avengers Dark Ride, Mario Bros. Dark Ride, Mario Kart, Pokemon Dark Ride, New Jurassic World E-Ticket, Iron Man inside coaster, etc. But I do have to admit I am pretty pumped for KONG. And I haven't heard anything recently but is Fast and the Furious more like the simpsons or Test Track? I was really hoping the car would at least move not just sit in one spot and go up and down.

Just because it could start after Hulk doesn't mean it will. He could just mean plans are sitting waiting for the green light.
Just looked back at his post. The word he used was "should" (not sure if that's better or not) and it sounds like he meant actual work not waiting for a green light. I guess we'll just have to sit and wait :bored:

Just looked back at his post. The word he used was "should" (not sure if that's better or not) and it sounds like he meant actual work not waiting for a green light. I guess we'll just have to sit and wait :bored:
We need Marni to start posting over here more often than he does. He's one of the Magic insider regulars that generally seem to have good info. ...Come back to OU, Marni, wherever you are!!! :)

Welcome back! Where you been? :)