Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 357 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
walls are still up at kong so no softs this weekend

Yeah, definitely no way walls could come down over the next two days. That would require some sort of 24 hour a day operation.

Oh, wait.

(Let me be clear, I have zero clue when soft openings will happen, but discounting the entire weekend by walls not being down today is incredibly short sighted.)

ok sunday is best case scenario worst case scenario is next weekend
Worst case scenario is June 22 or beyond. Lest we not remember Gringott's during the media preview?

I honestly don't see them starting softs on Memorial Day weekend. One of the busiest times of the year. It may be hard to manage expectations, control crowds, and have enough staff to be able to tell the hoards of people "Sorry, Reign of Kong is not currently running at this time" over and over and over to thousands of guests that walk by asking.

Just my two cents though, and I hope I'm wrong, cause I cannot wait for the walls to come down, just like everyone else.

That's what I was gonna post. Who's apeing who?
You know in 1993 when Jurassic Park came out I didn't really get the King Kong joke as they drove through the gate. Years later after seeing the 1933 film it occurred to me that Jurassic Park flat out took the gate design from the original Kong film. It's homage I guess.

ZZ04D65D1E.jpg

king.png

I know it's been mentioned before, but it is ironic, or at least interesting to me, that they tore down a JP arch to build the Kong temple wall, when one was an imitation of the other... And now they live next door to each other.

You know in 1993 when Jurassic Park came out I didn't really get the King Kong joke as they drove through the gate. Years later after seeing the 1933 film it occurred to me that Jurassic Park flat out took the gate design from the original Kong film. It's homage I guess.

ZZ04D65D1E.jpg

king.png

I know it's been mentioned before, but it is ironic, or at least interesting to me, that they tore down a JP arch to build the Kong temple wall, when one was an imitation of the other... And now they live next door to each other.

So art imitated itself then, haha.

Reactions: Alicia