Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 365 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone know if they are going to replace the front gates for Jurassic Park? It almost seems like they wont have the room once they take walls down for Kong. It seems odd without them

The massive smoke effect screwed up one of the sensors on Gringotts as I recall. Remember there was a period where there was not enough smoke to hide the screen? That happened just so they could run it at all. Practical effects is kind of a vague term but yes, there are effects but I never heard of any of them causing RV issues. They also tested a dank smell effect for all of the interior, but it made some of the workers dizzy and sick. Not sure of what happened after that. I haven't heard any of the TMs mention a smell.

Oh, and on Gringotts, it was some of the effects that weren't communicating properly I believe. I thought the second tippy track was one of them.
The water spray in the first scene with the dragon also wasn't working as late as our Sept. 2014 trip to Diagon. That works fine now. Everytime we ride Gringotts we notice stuff we missed previously. One thing we noticed on this trip for the first time is when sitting on the left outside row of the second car, the cavern looks right below your feet and the troll actually appears to be on the side of the car next to you. Gringotts just grows on us. Every seat has a different view and experience of the ride.

Yeah, it's already filled with rope switchbacks too - even though they know they have to take it down in under a certain number of minutes if there's a medical emergency or fire truck needed on that side of the park.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
The massive smoke effect screwed up one of the sensors on Gringotts as I recall. Remember there was a period where there was not enough smoke to hide the screen? That happened just so they could run it at all. Practical effects is kind of a vague term but yes, there are effects but I never heard of any of them causing RV issues. They also tested a dank smell effect for all of the interior, but it made some of the workers dizzy and sick. Not sure of what happened after that. I haven't heard any of the TMs mention a smell.

Oh, and on Gringotts, it was some of the effects that weren't communicating properly I believe. I thought the second tippy track was one of them.

Ohh i don't think they will need a synthetic dank smell. Sweating tourists will provide plenty of dank smells. Lots of different kinds of smells.

There is one effect I haven't seen since my first rides. I swear there was a physical smoke effect in front of Voldemort while looking back at him and moving into the next room with the lava.
You are right, there used to be an effect there. They no longer use that effect because it was actually shooting pieces of ice at the RV's (and guests). The smoke effect uses Liquid Nitrogen and it was causing chunks of ice to build up on the nozzle. (Fun Fact, if you look below the screen in that scene you can still see the Nitrogen nozzle there).

Reactions: Mike S
You are right, there used to be an effect there. They no longer use that effect because it was actually shooting pieces of ice at the RV's (and guests). The smoke effect uses Liquid Nitrogen and it was causing chunks of ice to build up on the nozzle. (Fun Fact, if you look below the screen in that scene you can still see the Nitrogen nozzle there).
I hope they can make it work with something else then. It was pretty effective.

Hi guys, my first post on these forums. I live in the UK but frequent the US quite regularly with half my family being from the states. Super excited about this ride. I planned a trip for around the 28th-30th of June, certain Kong would be up and running by then. Kongfrontation being one of my all time favourite theme park attractions. Are my chances of Reign slim now, or do you think I've given it enough time?

Anyone else see they pushed power pass blocks back? Anyone think that might correlate with the opening being pushed back?
Yeah, it was posted on one of these threads about a week ago. Guess that would correlate with at least softs taking long, not sure if opening will be since they already sent out media invites.