Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 373 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Avatar was never delayed though... It was going through R&D up until construction started in 2014.

Just for comparisons sake, Kong started R&D back in 2011 or so, correct @Teebin?
HTF may know more about that. He was the one who broke the Kong news. But, I believe they had said the first Kong venue was going to be in Disaster. So who knows what type of ride & setting that would have been?

So let's say there is rain and lightning, does anybody know if the ride vehicles just switch to the indoor portion of the ride or is there a brief delay of like 5 minutes or so to switch the vehicles to the inside path?

The way WDI operates is criminal. It's not even fair to compare a WDI project with a UC project. And if we're really being fair, the scope of both projects, Kong and Avatar, are not anywhere near the same.

And seeng what penny pinchers Disney is, how WDI is allowed to operate the way they do is mind-boggling.

Reactions: Mike S
So let's say there is rain and lightning, does anybody know if the ride vehicles just switch to the indoor portion of the ride or is there a brief delay of like 5 minutes or so to switch the vehicles to the inside path?
Good question, especially since it also affects the timing of the ride. If they run all RV's would they have to remove one of them?

Reactions: Ryno27
I'm going to Universal/IOW June 6-8...Really hoping they will be doing some tests of Kong by then. I've been following this board religiously. I found this clip on YouTube and know we have to be so close. Look how many of the screws are out of the wall, and the flames are on! You can even see them test-driving the cars too, and the door opening and shutting!

This should be a very easy swap. I would be very disappointed if they didnt have the ability to swap this between RVs.

I think the biggest question is what blocks the inside track when not being used? hopefully something clever

I'm going to Universal/IOW June 6-8...Really hoping they will be doing some tests of Kong by then. I've been following this board religiously. I found this clip on YouTube and know we have to be so close. Look how many of the screws are out of the wall, and the flames are on! You can even see them test-driving the cars too, and the door opening and shutting!

I was told don't post any over the wall footage.
Just be careful man.

And It's not just the English that like scones (or scons) :lol:

LOL - Yes, here in the US they make them a lot of places, but they always put stuff in them like berries or chocolate chips. I prefer the plain ones where I put the creme and jams/Lemon Curd. Much better in my opinion.

I agree, that was a delay - one they probably hadn't accounted for as there was a lot of rumors with trouble behind the scenes with working with Cameron. The main problem was they announced the project way too early.

Agreed and Nintendo is going down that path too. Where it was announced too early and it is going to seem that it is taking forever to be built and open. I think Nintendo pushed Universal into this decision like Cameron pushed Disney into their decision.

I noticed in the video that may or may not be taken down that the music triumphantly played and then settled down just as the RV reached the doors. Is this audio coming from the ride track or is the vehicle's audio really that loud?

Reactions: Ryno27
I noticed in the video that may or may not be taken down that the music triumphantly played and then settled down just as the RV reached the doors. Is this audio coming from the ride track or is the vehicle's audio really that loud?
I think they were standing near a speaker and then walked left away from it. That music plays in the new speakers facing the pathway. Although it's not always playing in front of the entrance lately, but is always playing by the new rockwork bench and Mess Tent.

I think they were standing near a speaker and then walked left away from it. That music plays in the new speakers facing the pathway. Although it's not always playing in front of the entrance lately, but is always playing by the new rockwork bench and Mess Tent.

Ah, that would explain it. Thanks!

It's too bad the space in front of the ride is too small because it would've been great if they had a tiny stage area out front wherein two Eighth Wonder Expedition "guides" came out and did a small comedy/setup show where they "pitch" you the tour, like a barker or a salesman. (working in Vegas I see these people pitching tours outside their booths/huts all the time) Not only would it add to entertainment, but it would introduce the 1920s/30s timeline, forewarn guests (especially families) about the ride's scary content, add a bit of levity to the "island" and add a bit of a personal, improvised touch to the ride's story before guests entered. Yeah, I'm still a tad bitter about the lack of live guides.

Of course there's no room in the area in front that's far enough away from the actual ride itself, and especially nothing that wouldn't cause a bottleneck that the ride is already going to create. Alas you can only do so much with the alotted space.

Ah, that would explain it. Thanks!

It's too bad the space in front of the ride is too small because it would've been great if they had a tiny stage area out front wherein two Eighth Wonder Expedition "guides" came out and did a small comedy/setup show where they "pitch" you the tour, like a barker or a salesman. (working in Vegas I see these people pitching tours outside their booths/huts all the time) Not only would it add to entertainment, but it would introduce the 1920s/30s timeline, forewarn guests (especially families) about the ride's scary content, add a bit of levity to the "island" and add a bit of a personal, improvised touch to the ride's story before guests entered. Yeah, I'm still a tad bitter about the lack of live guides.

Of course there's no room in the area in front that's far enough away from the actual ride itself, and especially nothing that wouldn't cause a bottleneck that the ride is already going to create. Alas you can only do so much with the alotted space.
Or selling snake oil to help you on your travels perhaps. Good for what ails ya!