Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 376 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok, new rumor/lore about the robotic Kong. He is constipated and really really backed up. This is why he is so angry and kills, yet eats nothing.
That's from all those damn clotted scones. Izzy was feeding him scones over the wall when she was in the park a few weeks ago. It's Izzy's fault that the ride hasn't opened yet. :lol:

Reactions: UK-Trigg and IzzyB
That video posted earlier was so epic when the over-the-wall glimpse was synced to that score. :lol: It looks incredible. I can't wait to be in there.

Interesting, none of you know who those two people on the video are. I am often shocked at what people here don't know.
Interesting, none of you know who those two people on the video are. I am often shocked at what people here don't know.
We'll I joined last year so I'm still fairly new, but I haven't seen them on TV or a billboard..hell is it you?

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
That has nothing to do with Kong as much as the girl was on his damn shoulders. Anyone that works in theme parks is trained to look for possible safety issues.

Working at MK, I had to nicely tell people not to do dumb things like this many times daily. If you let it slide, you are risking your own job (or the respect of your supervisor at the least).
Yeah..but I bet a selfie stick would have been a problem too.

It hasn't been 7 days after grad nite just yet.....

Keep in mind, its also Memorial Week.

I'd think that it could be wise to open up the area, but not open the ride just yet. You can have themed TMs on stand-by at the entrance, saying that expeditions have not started yet; but they can enjoy the area until a further date. That way, it gives more footspace for them this weekend, while teasing the opening of Kong (which I have to imagine that Fallon will moderate the King Kong special, with the opening date revealed then).

It also makes me wonder when we'll see the USA Today article, if its tomorrow (as the contest ends tonight I believe) or the day after the airing of the special presentation of Skull Island: Reign of Kong.

Reactions: Ryno27
Keep in mind, its also Memorial Week.

I'd think that it could be wise to open up the area, but not open the ride just yet. You can have themed TMs on stand-by at the entrance, saying that expeditions have not started yet; but they can enjoy the area until a further date. That way, it gives more footspace for them this weekend, while teasing the opening of Kong (which I have to imagine that Fallon will moderate the King Kong special, with the opening date revealed then).

It also makes me wonder when we'll see the USA Today article, if its tomorrow (as the contest ends tonight I believe) or the day after the airing of the special presentation of Skull Island: Reign of Kong.

I think you are under estimating how much footspace is there. It's not like a whole new land. The line entrance is literally right behind the wall. You might get a few benches and trash cans but not enough space to warrant taking down the walls during one of the busiest weekends to pay 3-4 TM's to stand outside telling people they can't ride. I don't think they even have a gift shop at the ride exit. All we have seen is a small tent selling items but again, not much space.

I don't see them taking down the walls until they are ready to do softs. Starting softs this weekend would be a mistake.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryan
I think you are under estimating how much footspace is there. It's not like a whole new land. The line entrance is literally right behind the wall. You might get a few benches and trash cans but not enough space to warrant taking down the walls during one of the busiest weekends to pay 3-4 TM's to stand outside telling people they can't ride. I don't think they even have a gift shop at the ride exit. All we have seen is a small tent selling items but again, not much space.

I don't see them taking down the walls until they are ready to do softs. Starting softs this weekend would be a mistake.

No gift shop? That's it. I'm not riding it.

Is that including unloading? That seems like an awful long time for just loading on a vehicle like this. Now two minutes between unloading and loading sounds a lot more reasonable.

That's less than two minutes for 72 guests, which is not too bad. What I'm unsure about is if a vehicle will be able to unload and load at the same time, or if it has to pull into an unload station, then pull into the load station. If that's true then with 4 on the track and 1 in the maintenance bay, suddenly the capacity comes a lot more into question.

Anybody have any more info on the load/unload process?

This is why I'm still very curious to see how Universal will label it on the park map. HTF in his original Skull Island report said that this would count as a new "island", but the for the most part the ride is the sole contents of the island. There's Base Camp Provisions at the exit (that small tent gift shop) and The Mess Tent which is open so technically the area has everything but restrooms to qualify it as such. I can't imagine Uni lumping it in with Jurassic, so is this the 7th island?

Reactions: Ryno27
That's less than two minutes for 72 guests, which is not too bad. What I'm unsure about is if a vehicle will be able to unload and load at the same time, or if it has to pull into an unload station, then pull into the load station. If that's true then with 4 on the track and 1 in the maintenance bay, suddenly the capacity comes a lot more into question.

Anybody have any more info on the load/unload process?

This is why I'm still very curious to see how Universal will label it on the park map. HTF in his original Skull Island report said that this would count as a new "island", but the for the most part the ride is the sole contents of the island. There's Base Camp Provisions at the exit (that small tent gift shop) and The Mess Tent which is open so technically the area has everything but restrooms to qualify it as such. I can't imagine Uni lumping it in with Jurassic, so is this the 7th island?

The building is still staffed fully 24/7 so if those TMs are inside or outside wouldn't matter much. They could have done that starting last week and not changed the budget.

And the vehicle advances between load/unload.

That's less than two minutes for 72 guests, which is not too bad. ?

I don't think load or unload will take very long. They will surely have queues set up so that you are standing at the loading platform in 12 lines of 6 before the truck arrives. So when it pulls up, the whole line just walks in and sits down. I wouldn't think there would be any restraints on the ride other than maybe a single lap bar per row, and I even doubt that. Unload would just be the reverse.

That being said, 110 seconds should work fine. Since there is the apparent 2 minute screen scene, with a 4 vehicle cycle, you should always have one in the 360 scene, one between there and unloading, one at load, and one between load and the 360. Each area should be about 2 minutes to keep from stacking vehicles anywhere. The post 360/unload can be shorter as you would want the next truck ready to roll into load asap. That means the 110 second charge time should be fine, and would also leave us at about 2160 guests per hour.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryan
No restraints. Studio Tour at USH which is about twice the size and capacity is about a three to four minute load time, and they have zero restraints. Without restraints, guests still have to settle in a bit and TMs have to pre-check several rows and huge throngs of guests to make sure everything is fine to start motion. So the actual process of arrival, docking, loading and security will be about just under a minute I would have to guess if they were rushing. With 110 seconds they'll probably take their time more. Which, while not exactly efficient, is much closer to an expedition tour experience than the rush of bolting into rides like Transformers, Spider-Man, FJ, etc.

Reactions: Mike S
Yeeesh, where haven't you lived??? Do you have an accent?
Grew up in West-Flanders (Belgium), lived a year and a half or so in the south England, Hampshire county. Been living in Orlando now for 14 years. And yes, I have an accent, I tend to sound a little rough, as does my daughter (12 next week), she was born here, but I am a stay at home dad, so she sounds just like me.

Reactions: Brervixen
I've heard a giant door slides shut to allow the interior only show. The ride loses about 30 seconds or so of showtime when this happens.

Not all vehicles will ever be on the track. 3 to start is what I heard. But dispatch time is like a few minutes and since the ride is shy of 6 minutes (and less with door closed) they won't run more than like 4 ever.
Ah ok, thanks. So if they bypass the outside, they'll probably just add the 30 seconds to load/unload. Let's just hope the switch does indeed run smooth, since storms often don't last that long lol

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S