Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Before talking about the American adaptation; i'll refer to the original Japanese Horror classic, Ring.

Ring was made in 1998; where It was made off the Japanese Novel, Ring. It garnered a sequel one year after in Japan. The film itself, used prominently of a VHS Tape that at the time; made sense; considering that DVDs we're a large thing until the early 2000's (Even though they started in 95).

The Ring, in essence; is based off of a dated IP, that unless they do something innovative in Rings (the upcoming American sequel); it would be useless to incorporate it into the event. Regardless if it may be Iconic in some aspects.

Also, I think personally on a level; Ring is one of those films that may not appeal to everyone, and would be in ways; a much more riskier IP to incorporate into the event like (if not to me, more) the film of Killer Klownz from Outer Space.

Its one of those films to me that wouldn't make sense, and would possible not get as much as of an appeal unlike other IPs that would be much simpler to incorporate into the event.

That's my personal opinion, and I know that a lot of people will probably give me crap for saying it; but in my mind, I think its an IP that has quite a bit of Red Tape that may not be feasible for HHN.
I just thought the noise was creepy.

Trump's House of Horrors?
Trump's house would most likely be of the 3d variety (funhouse style), while Hillary's would be much more sinister and scary.

The scariest houses are going to be where the elections are taking place this November. What was one of HHN 21's slogans? The House Always Wins... This year's election theme can be No Matter Who Wins, You All Lose!

Speaking of which... I can't wait for Bill & Ted.

Reactions: Cole and JunoSynth
I want another futuristic house too. I'd love to see their interpretation of aliens not counting creatures. I'm sure it would be really cool

I love sci fi so I wouldn't mind another Interstellar Terror. Or even a 70's Buck Roger's type Sci world house. Hell they could even put wacky aliens like the ones in "far out space nuts". But they gotta include the 70's future music too.

Reactions: Cole
Trump's house would most likely be of the 3d variety (funhouse style), while Hillary's would be much more sinister and scary.

The scariest houses are going to be where the elections are taking place this November. What was one of HHN 21's slogans? The House Always Wins... This year's election theme can be No Matter Who Wins, You All Lose!

Speaking of which... I can't wait for Bill & Ted.
Carson and Cruz?

I would love The Ring, but I feel like that would be a real tricky one to pull off. It's more psychological.

I would love The Ring, but I feel like that would be a real tricky one to pull off. It's more psychological.
Have the ever done anything J-horror? I agree, it often is very psychological and might be hard to translate into a house. As for the The Ring, the film is very different from the book as well.

???
What about them... they dropped out of the race.

Let's not get into politics here. This is a HHN thread after all.
But...
Cruz would probably get a house resembling a temple, since he was chosen by God to win the election (apparently even God gets it wrong sometimes).
You said Bill and Ted. It could be "Bill" Carson and Theodre Cruz.

It's hard to imagine any IP based off of a late 90s/2000s horror movie being a good house unless were talking Scream, Jeepers Creepers, House of a 1000 Corpses or any of the classic slasher reboots. (Although most of the reboots were terrible) They've done a good job on the selection of the ones they've already used. I want Scream... But that's just a hopeless dream

It's hard to imagine any IP based off of a late 90s/2000s horror movie being a good house unless were talking Scream, Jeepers Creepers, House of a 1000 Corpses or any of the classic slasher reboots. (Although most of the reboots were terrible) They've done a good job on the selection of the ones they've already used. I want Scream... But that's just a hopeless dream

Scream seems near impossible due to the Rights holder; Jeepers Creepers is plagued with controversy; and Rob Zombie has his own Halloween Event that uses HOTC if I'm not mistaken.

I've wanted house of a 1000 corpses in Orlando since hollywood's maze came out. I love zombie and his Halloween event looks amazing but God it sucks that's probably the case. However universal does own some of the rights so who knows?

Also the ring was featured in an all night die in of some sort