Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screamscape posted an interesting interview about Schlitterbahn. Check it out on their website.

But, it mentioned something interesting. Schlitterbahn consults for other waterparks. Particularly, Atlantis. I've got to ask: do we think that Universal is talking with them?

Screamscape posted an interesting interview about Schlitterbahn. Check it out on their website.

But, it mentioned something interesting. Schlitterbahn consults for other waterparks. Particularly, Atlantis. I've got to ask: do we think that Universal is talking with them?
Nope. Schlitterbahn works almost exclusively with Whitewater West industries...the other big waterslide manufacturer. Proslide's biggest competition. This is very much a Proslide park. (Which is a good thing. I prefer their slides. They just seem to be built smoother. I always feel the slide ridges on Whitewater's slides.)

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Nope. Schlitterbahn works almost exclusively with Whitewater West industries...the other big waterslide manufacturer. Proslide's biggest competition. This is very much a Proslide park. (Which is a good thing. I prefer their slides. They just seem to be built smoother. I always feel the slide ridges on Whitewater's slides.)
Aquatica's Dolphin Plunge is whitewater west and you can really feel the ridges on that one.

Having looked some more at the aerial pic of those new slides, I think they are serpentine body slides. Don't think the drop boxes are for these though, since I assume the volcano will have superloop slides buold inside of it.

Aquatica's Dolphin Plunge is whitewater west and you can really feel the ridges on that one.

Having looked some more at the aerial pic of those new slides, I think they are serpentine body slides. Don't think the drop boxes are for these though, since I assume the volcano will have superloop slides buold inside of it.

That sounds like quite a surreal experience. I'm not really sure how I'd feel going on a slide not knowing what to expect if the slide is hidden within the volcano.

Did not notice any platforms on the volcano construction, I am hoping Midway Mayhem (formerly Mako Madness) will have a new video update soon, so that I can see better what is going on.
I know that the concept art showed one slide from close to the top, and the upper portion of it would be clear tube, that will be amazing to be dropped in there and then go inside the darkness of the volcano.
Assuming all the dropboxes are for superloops, they are great fun and I have been enjoying Aquatica's a lot. You really feel the forces in those turns.

It would be cool if they theme the drop box itself as Sacrificial chambers to the volcano lords. But yea the colorings of that yellow and red slides are atrocious and really ugly.

It would be cool if they theme the drop box itself as Sacrificial chambers to the volcano lords. But yea the colorings of that yellow and red slides are atrocious and really ugly.

They could theme them to island heads. They look kind of similar in shape.

npkwq-easterislandheads1.jpg

Reactions: Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.