Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

Does anyone know when during the movie they will show the special? Or will stuff be drip fed throughout the movie?

Also will this be new info or just them getting out stuff we have already seen out to the general public?

Does anyone know when during the movie they will show the special? Or will stuff be drip fed throughout the movie?

Also will this be new info or just them getting out stuff we have already seen out to the general public?

This reminds me of the South Park episode where they're waiting to watch the new Terrance and Phillip trailer. And now The Russell Crowe Fighin' Around The World song is stuck in my head again.

I've still never see Kong all the way through.

Jackson's King Kong is painfully underrated. It's a fantastic, well crafted movie made by a hardcore fan. Definitely not for the ADHD generation. Character development is essential to a good film. You could get away with it in the 30s because it was all about the spectacle.

I don't get the hate for the movies length. If the story can keep me engaged it doesn't really matter to me. Same with Avatar :shrug:
Well said. It's good when a filmmaker doesn't detract from the story to serve the audience. God forbid people are away from their phones for too long.

Last edited:
Needless to say Jackson could use a more judicious editor. Three hours for the story of King Kong is way too much, I don't care how much character development you shove in that first hour. (or excruciatingly long action sequences in the second)

Needless to say Jackson could use a more judicious editor. Three hours for the story of King Kong is way too much, I don't care how much character development you shove in that first hour.
Not if you're trying to make an epic. They have their place in cinema and usually stand the test of time.

(or excruciatingly long action sequences in the second)
Yeah that three way V-Rex fight was really taxing experience. :saywhat:

King Kong (2005) - Rotten Tomatoes

Last edited: