Universal Goes to Seasonal Pricing | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Goes to Seasonal Pricing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 16, 2016
I thought it might be interesting to some of your for vacation planning that Universal has quietly increased their gate prices for one day tickets. Reports that I've heard indicate that purchasing your tickets at the front gate could result in paying a higher price than those tickets purchased online and will vary by time of year. Tickets for this weekend are up from the regular price of $155 for a park to park ticket to $169 for adults and $164 for children.

It's very similar to what airlines and other theme parks do. The only difference is Universal is still offering a way to save by purchasing ahead of time. The real way people lose, is if they purchase ahead of time at the park for use on another day that may not be as expensive as the current sales system only allows for the one price at the entrance of the park, ticket sales isn't able to go in and select a different day that would be at a cheaper rate.

Considering that USH has it set, I was thinking that it was bound to pop for Orlando sooner or later; just not in this much of a way.

I'm sure that they'll update the site sooner to accommodate some information regarding that tidbit.

I doubt many would notice. If you're one of those that buys their expensive theme park tickets standing in a long line at the ticket booth day of the event, you probably don't have much of an idea of what their day to day cost is.

Reactions: traveller
It's official. At the gate, Uni is about $25 more expensive than Disney for a 1-day park hopper.
True, but at Universal you can easily park hop and really use it. At Disney most people never actually use the park hopper option because it takes so long to go from park to park. There's also an incentive to use it with Hogwart's Express.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
It's official. At the gate, Uni is about $25 more expensive than Disney for a 1-day park hopper.
What is the cost for a one day ticket to all 4 parks at Disney?

Alright so Universal gives you less value for your dollar, compared to Disney. I did a 1 day , non Florida, park to park ticket for same date. Universal is tripping.

Universal
UniTick.PNG
Disney
DisneyTick.PNG

Universal - 2 Parks $165.08
Disney - 4 Parks $174.66

Oh, I got different pricing from Disney. Maybe I wasn't looking at a peak date?

Isn't this the second raise in prices this year? That is pretty crazy!

It's not really a price increase, at least it's not if you plan ahead.

Alright so Universal gives you less value for your dollar, compared to Disney. I did a 1 day , non Florida, park to park ticket for same date. Universal is tripping.

Universal - 2 Parks $165.08
Disney - 4 Parks $174.66

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh. How much of those 4 parks are you going to see spending 20 minutes going from one to the other, not to mention the time it takes to wait for a bus to show up? Or only being able to get FPs for one park?

Either way, though, if you're buying one day park hoppers in either case you're getting screwed royally, and I really don't have any sympathy for you.

Reactions: Mike S