Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

I have so many fears lol
1. Don't want another overall circus theme a second year in a row
2. She won't be used for anything more than a show
3. Jack won't be too far behind
I hope to god I'm wrong though, I love chance to death and to see her upgrade to an icon would be amazing. That and I love female presence at HHN. MAKE IT AWESOME UNI!!!!

Female horror icon is something great to have. And don't worry, I think she'll have more than just a show.

I'd actually prefer a show but with nobody knowing anything about that Shrek house that was perfect as a 3D house last year--it seems kind of likely.

I have so many fears lol
1. Don't want another overall circus theme a second year in a row
2. She won't be used for anything more than a show
3. Jack won't be too far behind
I hope to god I'm wrong though, I love chance to death and to see her upgrade to an icon would be amazing. That and I love female presence at HHN. MAKE IT AWESOME UNI!!!!

I am in the same boat. I love Chance and I am so happy she is getting Icon status.

1) I don't think they would do the circus theme again. Most likely the new theme will be tied to whatever backstory they have come up with for her as far as why she is solo now. Maybe she is locked up in an asylum or prison and has taken control? Not the greatest look though for merch and stuff. The circus/freakshow theme lends itself very well to great visual elements a lot better than a cement wall from a prison.

2) I expect her to get the same treatment Jack got last year. She will be the center of it all. Billboards, commercial and most of the merchandise. I hope she gets a house. A show is all but guaranteed after the success of last years. Honestly with the hashtag Universal is using, [HASHTAG]#DareToChance[/HASHTAG], all I can think of is a twisted game of truth or dare being the theme for the show. If it does take place in a prison, we can see a prison overrun for the house and the stage show could be that she and some friends captured guards and are forcing them into a deadly game of truth or dare.

3) This is my biggest concern. Jack needs to be left out of it. I'm fine if they mention him but I don't want to see him in anything. Again, with the prison or asylum theme, it would be cool if Jack appeared the last night to break her out during the final stage show.

At this point, we know nothing. Did she get locked up? Did Jack piss her off and now she is out for revenge. I suggested a multi-year story months ago where Chance got pissed off at Jack for not letting her be the center of attention for a change. A fight happened that left Jack injured but still alive. Chance decides to round up some of the other Icon's over the next few years to finish off Jack once and for all during the 30th placing the spotlight back on them. While I highly doubt they would do something this in-depth now (maybe 10-15 years ago), it would be cool to see her kill off Jack down the road (would be a milestone year like 30). Anything is possible at this point and hopefully tomorrow we get a lot of info. I hope it's not like the short teaser we got last year with Jack walking down the hallway until you see his full new look. I want backstory and details as to why she is solo!

I am in the same boat. I love Chance and I am so happy she is getting Icon status.

1) I don't think they would do the circus theme again. Most likely the new theme will be tied to whatever backstory they have come up with for her as far as why she is solo now. Maybe she is locked up in an asylum or prison and has taken control? Not the greatest look though for merch and stuff. The circus/freakshow theme lends itself very well to great visual elements a lot better than a cement wall from a prison.

2) I expect her to get the same treatment Jack got last year. She will be the center of it all. Billboards, commercial and most of the merchandise. I hope she gets a house. A show is all but guaranteed after the success of last years. Honestly with the hashtag Universal is using, [HASHTAG]#DareToChance[/HASHTAG], all I can think of is a twisted game of truth or dare being the theme for the show. If it does take place in a prison, we can see a prison overrun for the house and the stage show could be that she and some friends captured guards and are forcing them into a deadly game of truth or dare.

3) This is my biggest concern. Jack needs to be left out of it. I'm fine if they mention him but I don't want to see him in anything. Again, with the prison or asylum theme, it would be cool if Jack appeared the last night to break her out during the final stage show.

At this point, we know nothing. Did she get locked up? Did Jack piss her off and now she is out for revenge. I suggested a multi-year story months ago where Chance got pissed off at Jack for not letting her be the center of attention for a change. A fight happened that left Jack injured but still alive. Chance decides to round up some of the other Icon's over the next few years to finish off Jack once and for all during the 30th placing the spotlight back on them. While I highly doubt they would do something this in-depth now (maybe 10-15 years ago), it would be cool to see her kill off Jack down the road (would be a milestone year like 30). Anything is possible at this point and hopefully tomorrow we get a lot of info. I hope it's not like the short teaser we got last year with Jack walking down the hallway until you see his full new look. I want backstory and details as to why she is solo!

You beat me to it! :lol: I was just about to post something similar. Maybe they broke up or something else violent happened and she's trying to impress him with a murderous rampage? The prison idea is cool. Warden Chance. I can imagine it now: Her giving "encouraging spiel" over the radio throughout the park to her inmate army.

Totally spitballing here...

Chance gets her year with Jack taking the back seat (maybe imprisoned?)

Next year turns into a Chance vs Jack year with each bringing different icons/IPs to do battle.

I know... super ambitious, but Uni does love its VS concepts.

Guess it's not midnight EST :(

Oh well, at least I can try to sleep tonight and hope it is announced at 10am EST so I can see it before work!

Female horror icon is something great to have. And don't worry, I think she'll have more than just a show.
Let me rephrase you, a GOOD female horror icon is something great to have. All of them have sucked, the storyteller, Lady Luck. No stage pretense, no personality and nothing memorable whatsoever. Chance stole the show last year and with an amazing actor backing her up, its such a great thing that this is happening to the event. Can only hope for more scary ladies to follow

Excited to see Chance but really wanted to see Eddie this year. Oh well, I'm excited to see what they do with Chance! Hopefully we'll see Eddie in the near future :saw: :thumbsup:

I really hope you're right on everything. Would love to see her get the same presence as Jack and it would be the biggest missed oppurtunity ever if they didn't make a backstory on why she's back. I can't wait to hear about her show. Would love something like a 50's dating game with where the contestants /victims are behind curtains and she kills them off one by one. I just hope Jack isn't seen in the event period but atleast mentioned on what happened. This is chance's time to shine!!!

Let me rephrase you, a GOOD female horror icon is something great to have. All of them have sucked, the storyteller, Lady Luck. No stage pretense, no personality and nothing memorable whatsoever. Chance stole the show last year and with an amazing actor backing her up, its such a great thing that this is happening to the event. Can only hope for more scary ladies to follow

TOTALLY AGREE!! The past female Icon's haven't been that great. Chance has the chance (no pun intended) to become bigger than Jack if they handle her right. I feel like they have a good grasp on her and I don't think we will be let down. The actress is outstanding. Fans already know her. She has a history with the event tied to the biggest Icon they have created. She has the possibility to kill him depending on how this split is going to happen. Going to be so awesome!

I think going with Chance is an attempt to capitalize on the popularity of Harley Quinn that has been ramping up leading into Suicide Squad's release.

I think you're right. I also think Universal A&D enjoys icons and likes pleasing the ardent fan base, and it's been well documented that marketing will play nicely with clowns. In this case, everyone seems to win.

I think going with Chance is an attempt to capitalize on the popularity of Harley Quinn that has been ramping up leading into Suicide Squad's release.

I think you're right. I also think Universal A&D enjoys icons and likes pleasing the ardent fan base, and it's been well documented that marketing will play nicely with clowns. In this case, everyone seems to win.

Agreed on all. Many would argue she out-shined Jack at the show, so her popularity grew to new heights. I'm sure the thought of having a strong, female horror icon in an age where there aren't many female horror characters also helps matters.

They know jack and chance are their bread a butter when it comes to icons. They seem to have become linked to the event in such a big way more so than any other icon

And personally I'm ok with that I love the characters and seeing chance get her own house and stint away from jack should be interesting

I do agree some other could do with some polishing such as Eddie and maybe Lady Luck but they just constantly seem like background players

They know jack and chance are their bread a butter when it comes to icons. They seem to have become linked to the event in such a big way more so than any other icon

And personally I'm ok with that I love the characters and seeing chance get her own house and stint away from jack should be interesting

I do agree some other could do with some polishing such as Eddie and maybe Lady Luck but they just constantly seem like background players

The strong lack of presence of Lady Luck last year tells me she's a one & done.