Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 473 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe this is the NO SPOILERS thread...It was. I think.
This ride sounds like a flop. Complete and utter failure by UC. Sounds like people are calling it Rip Ride Rockit Dos.
How could we've been let-down so badly? :dance:

TOTAL FAILURE!!

Are you trolling it's a brilliant but flawed ride from what I'm hearing the 75 min wait tonight tells you it's not a flop

Heres a book you may need to read..

upload_2016-6-9_19-24-39.png

I have my opinion of it, but saying its a success with a 75min wait during the first preview is just as ridiculous as saying its a failure because the queue AC didn't work at one point.

Right now there is hype and those showing up are very predisposed to glowing reviews. Look up some of your least favorite attractions - look at the reviews from the first few days of operation. Most will be glowing. Gotta mentally justify those 5 hours waiting by a wall somehow, right?

I think it's a decent ride, but of the 3 that will operate at IOA in the rain (Kong, Spiderman, Journey) it's the weakest.

I have my opinion of it, but saying its a success with a 75min wait during the first preview is just as ridiculous as saying its a failure because the queue AC didn't work at one point.
Wait, didn't you stomp your keyboard over that issue in your review?

I think it's a decent ride, but of the 3 that will operate at IOA in the rain (Kong, Spiderman, Journey) it's the weakest.
Two of the greatest dark rides in the world..quite the competition...we are so spoiled

The queue is creepy. Do you think it's justifiable though? The ride itself does not seem scary at all. I think the line sets the wrong tone. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but one would think they are about to board the most intense, extreme ride ever. That's like going to a dinner party and the hosts serves Creme Fraiche and Caviar as an appetizer and for the main course it's a bacon cheeseburger.

I found the mix of physical sets vs. screens to be just right. The action presented on the screens couldn't be done with physical stuff. So to me screens were used when they should have been and physical elements were used when they should have been. I really like the AA driver, and I like the repeatability factor that brings. The queue is great and really is a key part of the experience. The only thing I saw that seemed a little off to me is the timing of the perspective shifts in the video when the vehicle enters and exits the room. Forbidden Journey does these perfectly, but they are definitely off on this ride.

Wait, didn't you stomp your keyboard over that issue in your review?

Nope, I just mentioned it and suggested people bring water in case it wasn't quickly resolved since it's super hot in Florida lately. But since it was a negative for something people want so desperately to be pros time and positive it's seen as keyboard stomping.

The queue is creepy. Do you think it's justifiable though? The ride itself does not seem scary at all. I think the line sets the wrong tone. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but one would think they are about to board the most intense, extreme ride ever. That's like going to a dinner party and the hosts serves Creme Fraiche and Caviar as an appetizer and for the main course it's a bacon cheeseburger.
I think they match pretty well. The queue to me wasn't as scary as everyone was claiming it was and the ride itself did have some of the creepy monsters. I would say it was more like having some really great salad followed by a steak.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
The ride is actually pretty creepy, atleast the first scene with the mordax AAs

I'm glad you all finally got to experience the attraction.
The 360 video tunnel issue is supposed to be amended before the ride opens. When and what it will look like, I'm not sure. That was one of the huge issues holding it back from opening to the public, but I guess they dropped that and want it operational for the guests to test. Higher-ups were not happy with that part.
There is also an Empire State Building somewhere in the queue you're all missing! Surprised no one found it today.

Violarum posted a really well thought out review on the other thread. That's about as professional as a review could be.

That review lost me when it said it's the best thing that UC has done since the Chamber of Secrets as if that was a milestone. FJ as a whole, yes. But that one scene?

Watching the videos, I kind of see where the length complaints are coming from; and it's mostly because some of the added length that makes this longer than other attractions is from the outdoors portion. Other than that, it's about the standard length for a Uni ride.

I'm glad you all finally got to experience the attraction.
The 360 video tunnel issue is supposed to be amended before the ride opens. When and what it will look like, I'm not sure. That was one of the huge issues holding it back from opening to the public, but I guess they dropped that and want it operational for the guests to test. Higher-ups were not happy with that part.
There is also an Empire State Building somewhere in the queue you're all missing! Surprised no one found it today.

You just told me a bunch of stuff I didn't know. Do you know what part of the scene they want to amend? Entrance, whole thing, Exit?

Reactions: Ryno27

I haven't seen a single review that claims it's the best ride at the resort; even the favorable reviews seem to say it's good, but not a top-3/top-5, etc.

Which raises the question why none of the fans are walking away from this during previews spouting superlatives.

For my money, UC hasn't equaled FJ in terms of ambition and execution -- so I'm a little disheartened to hear that even the audience that's predisposed to love a new UNI attraction can't muster the enthusiasm to say "better than Gringotts" or "better than FJ."

And if the front rows really present bad viewing angles, that's a pretty damning flaw.

The comments on the video are really pissing me off.

I bet you $100000000 that the same exact people were praising the ride through videos of POTC in Shanghai. So stupid.
For the record POTC is very impressive..It is very heavily screened tho..The Captain Jack and Davy Jones AA are pretty cool as well

Nope, I just mentioned it and suggested people bring water in case it wasn't quickly resolved since it's super hot in Florida lately. But since it was a negative for something people want so desperately to be pros time and positive it's seen as keyboard stomping.

I just remember your review pointing out all of the flaws in the ride...it caught me off guard as you are a 'Team Member'...However the AC seems to have been fixed so I suppose the ride is that much better

Reactions: IzzyB and Mike S
I was thinking of going to the parks alone tomorrow (sadly), so I'm praying for a ride on Kong.

I was also thinking of making the trip alone tomorrow too. Would be willing to meet up and try to ride it with you. Not sure if im going to try early morning or a late day thing since todays soft started at 6.

Reactions: Bryce