Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

This has probably been asked before, but I dug through 35ish pages and didn't see it. Anyhow, does anyone know if Mako has single rider? And/or if they'll be using it on opening day?

This has probably been asked before, but I dug through 35ish pages and didn't see it. Anyhow, does anyone know if Mako has single rider? And/or if they'll be using it on opening day?
No single riders, but you can buy one time Quick Queues for this ride for $25 which are available on opening day.

Where do you guys think Mako will land on the Golden Ticket Top 50 Steel Roller Coasters for it's debut year?
I'm going with the #15-20 range. Goliath at SF Georgia was in the top 10 for years and is similar in height/speed.

image.jpg
You remin me of the guy from Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Always grading the parks lol

Just got off Mako. 5am ride with only my reporter and I on board. Amazing!

What time did you stick around till? We were there also but didn't see you around.

Finally got to ride Mako yesterday during media day and instantly became one of my top coasters in Orlando. Id put it 2nd behind Hulk (which will forever be my number 1). Got a few runs in as a filler for filming in the middle rows and then got front run for our coaster cam filming, which we just made it in time for before the storm arrived and wrapped up the day of filming. Front row is fun but cant wait to try it in the back row. Tons of airtime, was out of my seat the whole drop and over each hill minus the stupid one with trim breaks. Got to hangout and ride with @BriMan and @hatetofly which always makes for a fun time. Overall a welcomed and perfect long awaited addition to the coaster lineup in Orlando.

What time did you stick around till? We were there also but didn't see you around.

Finally got to ride Mako yesterday during media day and instantly became one of my top coasters in Orlando. Id put it 2nd behind Hulk (which will forever be my number 1). Got a few runs in as a filler for filming in the middle rows and then got front run for our coaster cam filming, which we just made it in time for before the storm arrived and wrapped up the day of filming. Front row is fun but cant wait to try it in the back row. Tons of airtime, was out of my seat the whole drop and over each hill minus the stupid one with trim breaks. Got to hangout and ride with @BriMan and @hatetofly which always makes for a fun time. Overall a welcomed and perfect long awaited addition to the coaster lineup in Orlando.
I was there from 4:15am until 8:40am. I didn't get to see anyone but FOX35.

I did get to ride Kong with @BriMan @hatetofly Banks, Seth @maxairmike and a few other OU members.

I was there from 4:15am until 8:40am. I didn't get to see anyone but FOX35.

I did get to ride Kong with @BriMan @hatetofly Banks, Seth @maxairmike and a few other OU members.

Funny cause I mentioned to Bob if you were going to be there covering it

I was close to heading over to Kong after SW. @hatetofly mentioned it might open at 6 but after SW I we ate and was exhausted and still had to hit the road to head home. Hopefully will get there before the month is over to ride

Hey, we did journalistic things! Interview with Brian Morrow about the design choices of Mako, why Sharks? and what's next.

Honestly, that was one of the better interviews I've seen for Mako. Everyone else asks the same dull questions that get the same "advertisement like" response. This seemed more natural, more in depth, and more interesting.

Also, I've started a thread to discuss the future of Aquatica in response to Brian's answer to the future plans question.
Future of Aquatica | Orlando United Forums

Honestly, that was one of the better interviews I've seen for Mako. Everyone else asks the same dull questions that get the same "advertisement like" response. This seemed more natural, more in depth, and more interesting.

Also, I've started a thread to discuss the future of Aquatica in response to Brian's answer to the future plans question.
Future of Aquatica | Orlando United Forums

Thank you. I try to think outside of the box because I know they've been asked a lot of questions repeatedly, so I try to ask questions I want to see answered. I wanted to spend more time with Brian, but we were trying to grab Guy Harvey before he got wrapped up (Obviously we missed it) but we're gonna interview him again next week for Cobra's Curse.