Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kong and Hulk are completely apples and oranges. Consider Mako which, yes has far less effects than new hulk, is still a brand new B&M coaster that started cycling shortly before Hulk and is now in softs. Kong is a brand new, never seen before ride system, RVs, finicky wifi, creepy AAs etc that obviously is a lot more complex than a rebuilt sit down roller coaster with a spinning tire launch.

I really don't think anyone is saying the sky is falling at all or that anyone is expecting the ride to open tomorrow when only dummies have cycled. It has just been minimal information so there really isn't that much else to talk about. The coaster is cycling which is great news. I would say most people probably saw the initially advertised summer 2016 and expected it to be open for their June-July vacations rather than this labor day date you're mentioning. If only we all had the insight you had ;)
Nice straw man argument, refuting my simple metaphor and expanding it with your knowledge of distinct ride systems.

All I'm going to say in reply to your comment is that clearly major construction is still happening, and has continued happening, since the coaster started cycling. It's not like that equipment is just going to disappear overnight and the ride will be ready. If "late summer" isn't good enough for you, maybe you shouldn't plan your vacation on a ride opening when it's clearly still under construction. Poor planning is on the guest's end, not Universal. This isn't a situation like Rivers of Light where a solid date was announced then pushed back, although I have a feeling that's what you're trying to present it as.

Nice straw man argument, refuting my simple metaphor and expanding it with your knowledge of distinct ride systems.

All I'm going to say in reply to your comment is that clearly major construction is still happening, and has continued happening, since the coaster started cycling. It's not like that equipment is just going to disappear overnight and the ride will be ready. If "late summer" isn't good enough for you, maybe you shouldn't plan your vacation on a ride opening when it's clearly still under construction. Poor planning is on the guest's end, not Universal. This isn't a situation like Rivers of Light where a solid date was announced then pushed back, although I have a feeling that's what you're trying to present it as.

Well, I'll stick by my refutation. You compared Kong and Hulk which I still don't think is a fair comparison (immense knowledge of distinct ride systems or not). Not sure how that is a straw man argument. Mako is an example of a case where a coaster cycles, and then softs shortly after which was your argument, right? And speaking of people refuting arguments that weren't presented, I never said "late summer isn't good enough for me". It is what it is and if it opens end of summer so be it. No one, not even the poor planning guests that are the reason these parks exist, expects them to remove crews tomorrow and open the ride despite you continually suggesting that as my thought process.

My jabs here are at the superiority complex of many people on this site that have "insider information". It is all well and good that you have known since 2014 that Hulk would open labor day weekend and Mark Ruffalo will inaugurate the hulk statue by skydiving from the helicarrier. But plenty of people did not. Can't get mad at people for discussing possible delays when they don't have the same information as you.

Okay, so you have a chip on your shoulder about the people on here that graciously share information to the public when they don't have to.

BTW, I got my Hulk information from here, a very unknown top secret blog about theme parks: Universal Orlando Close Up | Details Revealed for Relaunch of The Incredible Hulk Coaster
The fact that article was released on May 9 is why many were questioning if the construction was delayed hence this entire argument! Lol. "Late summer" wasn't thrown around at all until they updated the construction walls and posted that on the blog. :bonk:

Anyway saw this clip of an Aventador and it reminded me of something...
image.jpeg

The fact that article was released on May 9 is why many were questioning if the construction was delayed hence this entire argument! Lol. "Late summer" wasn't thrown around at all until they updated the construction walls and posted that on the blog. :bonk:

Anyway saw this clip of an Aventador and it reminded me of something...
View attachment 2237

If Universal Creative designed cars.

pgILghd.jpg

Hoping to put an end to argument:

Universal's plan was always late Summer, but were aiming to try get it a bit earlier. Once it was clear that the project would need to take the allotted time originally planned - they officially said "Late Summer". We can't compare Mako to Hulk because Mako had a blank canvas to work with. Never the less, one of the big criticisms of Mako is lack of queue area since it is mostly switchbacks until you get the the station. Hulk's queue is going to be a major part of the experience, and they are re-theming and re-working everything, from line flow to now adding A/C.

It's always been talked about on here that Kong would be first up in the Summer, followed by Hulk a month or 2 after - so nothing has changed.

Hoping to put an end to argument:

Universal's plan was always late Summer, but were aiming to try get it a bit earlier. Once it was clear that the project would need to take the allotted time originally planned - they officially said "Late Summer". We can't compare Mako to Hulk because Mako had a blank canvas to work with. Never the less, one of the big criticisms of Mako is lack of queue area since it is mostly switchbacks until you get the the station. Hulk's queue is going to be a major part of the experience, and they are re-theming and re-working everything, from line flow to now adding A/C.

It's always been talked about on here that Kong would be first up in the Summer, followed by Hulk a month or 2 after - so nothing has changed.

If Hulk has taught us anything, it's that Universal are serious about queues and that's the big difference between Hulk and Mako.

As long as it's opened by September, I don't have a care in the world.