Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 490 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Have to say...after watching the video I am very disappointed. I was so hyped for this ride too.

A few animatronic bats when you enter, then 2 separate screen scenes....and then one longer screen.....and then a random animatronic kong head. I really thought with how long this took to build it and the size of it that would be much better. The old Kongfrontation ride from the 90s had 3 full-sized King Kong animatronics, real fire, etc.

I'm 100% positive you shouldn't form an opinion on this ride from a YouTube video.

Also, the general ride layout was talked about here since the beginning. Not sure what else was expected.

Have to say...after watching the video I am very disappointed. I was so hyped for this ride too.

A few animatronic bats when you enter, then 2 separate screen scenes....and then one longer screen.....and then a random animatronic kong head. I really thought with how long this took to build it and the size of it that would be much better. The old Kongfrontation ride from the 90s had 3 full-sized King Kong animatronics, real fire, etc.

From various people that have been on the ride; the POV doesn't do it justice. If you plan on going, I think you need to reserve judgement until you get to actually ride it.

Plus, its not like that Kong will be the Only Heavy Screen-Based attraction opening in Orlando soon.. *Glares southwest of UOR*

I'm 100% positive you shouldn't form an opinion on this ride from a YouTube video.

Also, the general ride layout was talked about here since the beginning. Not sure what else was expected.

I'm sure actually experiencing the ride is much better. I'm going in October and will be riding it.

I guess I was just expecting more practical effects and animatronics instead of the ride being 90% screens.

I haven't seen any purely negative reviews, but a lot of people have said the queue is superior to the ride.

Also saw a local blogger give the ride a 3.5/5

I think he gave the queue a 5/5, the ride's first few scenes a 2/5 and the AA a 4/5

Also said the ride felt short like it needed 1 or 2 more scenes.

Yes Kyle did, but the Trackers gave it great reviews.

Maybe wait until you actually ride it before you tear it to shreds. It's not just you though.

I personally refuse to watch any on-ride videos...

Reactions: Cole and Mike S

Well, we do get a Kong head that does a great Stevie Wonder impression, so there's that. :)

Reactions: williamhansard
Maybe wait until you actually ride it before you tear it to shreds. It's not just you though.

I personally refuse to watch any on-ride videos...

That was just my opinion from the video and seeing the portions of the ride. I was hoping for more sets and animatronics instead of the ride being composed of almost purely screens. It also seemed a little short.

Don't know why some take it so personally. When I ride it in October I'll update with my impressions.

That was just my opinion from the video and seeing the portions of the rides. I was hoping for more sets instead of the ride being composed of almost purely screens. It also seemed a little short.

Don't know why some take it so personally. When I ride it in October I'll update with my impressions.
I'm not taking it personally, I'm just confused.

Reactions: Mike S
I'm not taking it personally, I'm just confused.

Ok, I just know there are some people that will defend everything. I think criticism is good. It helps provide feedback to improve things in the future.

Take my criticism with a grain of salt because my review as purely from the video.