Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

I don't understand why the actors aren't present in this time of tests. Have they been declared a fail already? Perhaps they are connected to the motion tables and stop when they stop... I jest. But I cannot figure out why they aren't there so often as is being reported.
Maybe they are doing technical rehearsals too. Has Universal had any complaints about them?

I feel like the scare actors in the queue won't last anyways, after enough stupid parents complain about their little princesses being terrified they will tone it down just like they toned down the Dementors and CitH's spinning.

I don't understand why the actors aren't present in this time of tests. Have they been declared a fail already? Perhaps they are connected to the motion tables and stop when they stop... I jest. But I cannot figure out why they aren't there so often as is being reported.

They were there today, got on around 7:15 ish. He was very active. Also some one from entertainment (I believe) has been standing in the queue across from the boo holes, or walking around the building most times I've been through. Likely evaluating the whole gag.

Just a little thought.
I realized that every land in IOA has a restraunt.
Kong has that food stand but not a restraunt.
If they make a new land for Kong, is it possible we would see some sort of restraunt or shop added in?

Is the media preview still scheduled for the 22-24 of this month? If so will it fully open after that? I ask because we are doing a quick trip visiting the parks on the 25th and 26th. Staying on site and being able to take advantage of early openining and express pass, hoping it is fully open and out of tech's by then.

What is everyones thoughts?

He has been railing about cutbacks and low budgets at Universal for YEARS. His last pronouncement back when Kong started construction was that Volcano Bay's budget had been hacked to shreads. Does it look like VB has suffered cutbacks? Don't take him seriously, please.
Yes VB has suffered cutbacks just like most projects however Lightbulb never said VB would suck.

That makes me feel better. It's a shame because I remember him back when he was singing Universal Creative's praises during both FJ and Gringotts construction. I wonder what happened that made him change into someone with a vendetta.
I don't think he has a vendetta but I can see h0w his comments could come across that way. Much of what he says I believe is justified based on what I've seen and heard.

Is the media preview still scheduled for the 22-24 of this month? If so will it fully open after that? I ask because we are doing a quick trip visiting the parks on the 25th and 26th. Staying on site and being able to take advantage of early openining and express pass, hoping it is fully open and out of tech's by then.

What is everyones thoughts?

The Media Preview will be on June 23rd.

Yep, he's always crying that the sky is falling. I've not seen much info from him that turned out very correct down the line. He seems to have a vendetta with certain people at Universal since he's always bringing up stuff & people like he did with this post. And most of the time it's about changes in the early talking stages of an attraction. Hell, that happens to all attractions.But my two main problems with him are that he'll post something and then take it down, or he'll go back and edit his post so it doesn't say what it originally did. Chances are you can locate this post in a few months and it will say something different than it does today. I think Teebs may be right about his background. He has as much credibility to me as Spirit has on his Universal information. Just wanted to back up what Teebs said. He's nobody important in my eyes so I won't waste anymore time commenting on him.
The only time I've seen him post and edit is when he gets nervous about posting something that could reveal his identity. He posted about Nintendo and then quickly took it down because it hadn't been announced at that time for example. I'm not sure what info you are referring to that turned out not to be correct but he has been right on target, along with Spirit, as far as I can see.