Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 179 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe we have discussed this before, but I'm not entirely confident that LIMs can get the job done (aka launch) from a tilted position with such a heavy load...Then again Mummy uses LSMs if I remember correctly..Someone here must know the answer
California Screamin' at DCA uses a LIM/LSM launch system on a traditional lift hill so I would assume it's possible. It would also most likely be a launch from a level position onto the hill with additional boost all the way up.

It is somewhat funny watching some of you debate the launch system at this late date. The job is fighting gravity and shoving the coaster over the top, whether by rocket booster or unobtainium or fly wheel. As if anyone could tell the difference.

And why is Hillary wearing those horse blankets...

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I overheard the UC folks critiquing it saying "It needs to be about 20% more launchy."
:lol:
It is somewhat funny watching some of you debate the launch system at this late date. The job is fighting gravity and shoving the coaster over the top, whether by rocket booster or unobtainium or fly wheel. As if anyone could tell the difference.

Physically, I don't think you could tell the difference, however I still think the view up the launch tunnel with the spinning wheels is quite iconic.