Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 548 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was just reading the 4th of July photo update on Mice Chat. They were in Disneyland at 11:00 AM and said the park was nearly empty. They showed the posted wait times & photos of the sparsely occupied park, and commented this was the lowest crowd they've ever seen on the 4th, and that the park is usually packed at that time. They also said the weekend holiday crowds were lower than normal and only at moderate levels. Interesting holiday weekend this year. Disneyland doesn't have the South American tourist flood like WDW gets, so it must be a combination of other factors in California.
Stock earnings reports for this quarter are supposed to be pretty bad. We could easily be seeing an overall downturn in the economy.:thumbsdown:

On the bright side, Kong is up and running and less crowds means shorter lines for the rest of us:whoo:

I know this is off topic but there's been a lot of talk about the post wait times and general park attendance in reference to Kong:

If the official app wait times are at all accurate then it looks like USF is slammed today and waits at IOA are minimal. Do the parks really get that one sided at times? Just trying to gauge how accurate or inaccurate the app is. Can there really be a 90 minute wait for Simpsons and a 15 minute wait for MIB at the same time?

I know this is off topic but there's been a lot of talk about the post wait times and general park attendance in reference to Kong:

If the official app wait times are at all accurate then it looks like USF is slammed today and waits at IOA are minimal. Do the parks really get that one sided at times? Just trying to gauge how accurate or inaccurate the app is. Can there really be a 90 minute wait for Simpsons and a 15 minute wait for MIB at the same time?
In my experience waits this year at US have been much longer than IOA. They are suffering from the ride capacity loss of Disaster and Twister. Simpsons can easily have wait time spikes much higher than MIB.

Reactions: Mike S

If a Simpsons theater is down, sure.

Cutting the queue early is pretty crappy. Getting out of work on time just because you're in tech rehearsals makes the rest of the park loathe you. Just sayin Kong people. Just sayin.

It isn't like staying open late to clear a queue is unheard of.

If you think the Kong team members have any say in whether or not they get to leave on time you must be losing it :bonk:

The reason the line is cut is to prevent park closure delays. If they still have a 45 minute line at 10 pm when the park closes, and at 10:30 they have to evacuate the ride, that means the building won't be emptied until potentially 11:30 pm. This then prevents maintenance around the park from being done to make sure the park can reopen on time the next day.

Anyone have anything to say about the supposed transition to the AA from the 360 scene and/or the canopy projections?

I think the transition scene may be this ride's yeti. I think it worked on my first ride but I didn't know what I was looking at first time so maybe I thought it did. Be nice if they fill in the blanks when they can.

Last edited:
Looks like they're filming something at Load and Unload. Lots of lighting and camera rigs. As far as I can tell seems to be in house production. No news logos. Filmed me get on the ride and our car drive away.

Possibly for B-roll when the media opening finally occurs?

Also @hatetofly stated awhile back that we should know the grand opening date any day now... it may be ever closer. I say July 13th.

Also when are we finally learning who composed that damn score?! :angry:

Possibly for B-roll when the media opening finally occurs?

Also @hatetofly stated awhile back that we should know the grand opening date any day now... it may be ever closer. I say July 13th.

Also when are we finally learning who composed that damn score?! :angry:
Happy birthday to me...
tumblr_inline_o6ec7dnw3F1u5hohy_500.gif

So anyone know when might be a good time to record the audio for ROK with limited people? I've been listening to a recording of ROK over and over just because of the music and I'm tired of listening to people scream :bang: I wanna listen to ROK's music over and over and over...:blank:

Reactions: Ryno27