Attendance Tracker | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well they already went to Epcot since the Princess Dinner is there. They also have Snow White and other M&Gs that appeal to them. Not to mention Nemo. There are things that appeal to that crowd. My friend has a 5 year old that is into Princesses and she loved Epcot. It is her second favorite park next to MK. They spent 3 days in Epcot because of how much they love that park and that was before Frozen was added.

Not to mention that target group also LOVES the duffy bear thing in the countries.

I am not that familiar with Disneyworld. When I think of that princess age group I think of the new fantasy land? Did not know there was a princess dinner in Epcot. I would be an example of the typical first time visitor who doesn't do research into the parks. The kind of tourist who asks what monorail do I take to get to Harry Potter world.

Reactions: IzzyB and Mad Dog
Just reading a post on Magic. Poster says he was in line at Splash Mountain yesterday. The question was asked,... "How much does it cost to buy those Fastpass plusses"?

Reactions: Scott W.
It has been like this for about a week now and the 15 day forecast shows no relief in site. This is not normal Central Florida summer temps. It is normally high 80s/Low 90s with high humidity. The afternoon rains normally keep the temps down along with the cross winds. I have no clue what is causing these high temps, but I don't like it :angry:
These temps are above average, but not uncommon.

I agree, we get high 90s here and there, but I don't remember in the history of me living in Orlando a time when it was high 90s for 20+ days straight. Which seems to be what we are going to be getting.

Our Average temp for June is 91 and July and August is 92. Having 97 to 99 temps for 20+ days is way above that Average.

I agree, we get high 90s here and there, but I don't remember in the history of me living in Orlando a time when it was high 90s for 20+ days straight. Which seems to be what we are going to be getting.

Our Average temp for June is 91 and July and August is 92. Having 97 to 99 temps for 20+ days is way above that Average.
Orlando is Hot Stuff. :shades:

Reactions: IzzyB
Just reading a post on Magic. Poster says he was in line at Splash Mountain yesterday. The question was asked,... "How much does it cost to buy those Fastpass plusses"?

Yep, you will read reviews of the parks complaining about how they were "sold" out of fast passes for the day.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It's interesting that Seaworld continues to advertise nationally, but Universal seemed to stop its campaign over a month ago. Perhaps Disney advertises on ABC only?... they certainly aren't advertising on the other channels that I watch. I haven't seen a WDW ad in months.

It's interesting that Seaworld continues to advertise nationally, but Universal seemed to stop its campaign over a month ago. Perhaps Disney advertises on ABC only?... they certainly aren't advertising on the other channels that I watch. I haven't seen a WDW ad in months.

I get Universal commercials frequently in the Houston Texas market. Have not seen a Disney commercial in a couple months.

Today's Mice Chat has a nice photo display & story on how slow Disneyland was last week.
Just looked the photo update over. They said Disney wanted lower crowds, but maybe not quite this low. DL would likely fine tune it next year. Really?

I can understand wanting to balance crowds a bit over the year. But to say the plan was to have only moderate crowds and empty hotel rooms in the middle of summer stretches credibility. There is no guarantee crowds that did not show during the summer will come back later. Even if this was the result of a Disney plan I would say that plan blew up in their face.

Yep, you will read reviews of the parks complaining about how they were "sold" out of fast passes for the day.

You'd be surprised at how often that complaint/question/comment is raised within the parks.

I may have my timeline a little messed up, but I believe that Disney was the first to create a Fastpass-esque system for a theme park. Other parks adapted the system as a "pay to play" system, while Disney kept it free. Fastpass+ is now so far from the norm that the average Disney visitor is used to that it creates an inherent problem when they visit the parks for the first time. Almost every other major amusement park in the country offers some version of an express pass that you have to pay for, but it's more or less unlimited usage. Hence why many Disney guests are upset that they can't buy something similar when they come here. There are so many reasons as to why Disney wouldn't be able to make that system work, and so many reasons that guests get upset with the FP+ system, but that's a different post in a different topic for a different day.

You'd be surprised at how often that complaint/question/comment is raised within the parks.

I may have my timeline a little messed up, but I believe that Disney was the first to create a Fastpass-esque system for a theme park. Other parks adapted the system as a "pay to play" system, while Disney kept it free. Fastpass+ is now so far from the norm that the average Disney visitor is used to that it creates an inherent problem when they visit the parks for the first time. Almost every other major amusement park in the country offers some version of an express pass that you have to pay for, but it's more or less unlimited usage. Hence why many Disney guests are upset that they can't buy something similar when they come here. There are so many reasons as to why Disney wouldn't be able to make that system work, and so many reasons that guests get upset with the FP+ system, but that's a different post in a different topic for a different day.

Disney is the first to use an automated kiosk and a two line system for rides, but for awhile various parks offered similar systems for pay before going all you can eat. Even Universal implemented a timed ticket system after Disney with the "improvement" being you could chose the time you wanted to return. Even today QBots are being used but way less frequently (or as an up sell if they balk at express).

Disney is the first to use an automated kiosk and a two line system for rides, but for awhile various parks offered similar systems for pay before going all you can eat. Even Universal implemented a timed ticket system after Disney with the "improvement" being you could chose the time you wanted to return. Even today QBots are being used but way less frequently (or as an up sell if they balk at express).

Guess it's more or less come full circle then, huh? In terms of choosing times and whatnot.

Side note: I saw Dollywood using some form of a QBot system, which was unnecessary.

It's off kilter in the middle too. We have yet to see the high pressure ridge that normally dominates our summers her in the Ark/Kan/Mizzou/OK area. Our wet season has been extended due to this. Supposedly the typical high pressure ridge sets up next week.

Right now we are seeing dust from Africa via trade winds making it hazy here in Arkansas.

We have Mako billboards in New Orleans, but I haven't seen any TV spots. Universal's "Vacation Like You Mean It" campaign is all over cable networks. Not sure if it's primarily Comcast channels, but I see them all the time. I see the occasional Disney ad on Travel channel or broadcast network.

Now that is a hard number statistic, at least for his business.
Yeah. Good to see actual numbers. The Tour operator was Pedro Braun, commenting on the WDW shortfalls. His entire comment follows, and it's quite telling. "I am a tour operator owner from Brazil and I can say that all Brazilian operators are going in July with groups at least 70% smaller than last year. My big groups are in July. 4 years ago I had 350 people in my group. Last year I had 150 and this year I only have 43. I am in Orlando right now and never seen so few Brazilians in parks and shopping centers."