Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Heh, they could put the Lucy character, from the Studios' park, to work on the chocolate wrapping assembly line and recreate one of the classic comedy scenes from the "I Love Lucy" show. That would be a great marketing idea for a Grand Opening Celebration..... *Note to Universal Marketing* from Mad Dog
There will be a show in this restaurant but Lucy is not involved in it.

There will be a show in this restaurant but Lucy is not involved in it.

1437595354_etiqueta-no-cinema-2.gif

Reactions: Mad Dog
The quality of the chocolate treats and confectionery throughout the 2 parks these days should hopefully dispell any anxiety about the quality of the offerings that will be made available here. Universal more than anybody else have lead this charge and benefitted from the financial success it ultimately brings.

Really? Because those chocolate frogs are awful. I don't ever go to that pastry place near the front of Studios because everything I get there is not very tasty. In fact the only sweet treat I can think of I actually like from there is the cake caldron in the HP lands. That is it. Everything else seems cheap and fake chocolate. Am I missing a new place that has better quality chocolate and pastries?

I am spoiled. I buy only the good stuff. Even my daughter is now spoiled. She doesn't like the crap candy and eats a couple bites and puts it down to never return to it again lol

What do you consider to be the good stuff?

Well I would love to be able to get more foreign stuff. Neighbors are from Europe and that stuff was really good. Don't remember the names though. But here in the US I buy mostly Godiva, Lindt, and ghirardelli. I also sometimes like and buy local places. But those are hit or miss. When I was a kid my mom bought Sarris which is more local to PA. I loved that stuff and I plan to order a box online for Christmas to see if it is as good as I remember. My mom also got chocolate from a local chocolate place and I remember that stuff being really good. But then she also bought the really cheap stuff and even as a kid I hated that stuff lol

To tell you how unpopular typical Nestle/Hershey stuff is in our house outside of select few, we had Halloween candy past new years that I finally dumped because no one was eating it including my daughter. I like Reese's, Snicker, and twix but all of those mainly because of the fillings and less about the chocolate. And as I stated above you have to go with Hershey's bar for a traditional Smore. Which we do build fires a good bit in the winter months and cook marshmallows.

Really? Because those chocolate frogs are awful. I don't ever go to that pastry place near the front of Studios because everything I get there is not very tasty. In fact the only sweet treat I can think of I actually like from there is the cake caldron in the HP lands. That is it. Everything else seems cheap and fake chocolate. Am I missing a new place that has better quality chocolate and pastries?

The quality of most Harry Potter counter confectionery is superb in my opinion. I've loved near everything I've tried from the fudge, clotted cream, ice creams and butterbeer itself. I've never tried the place you're alluding too, but I have found the treats available in the candy counter at Seuss Island to be really good.

I kind of agree with your comments on the Chocolate Frogs, as it's that weird long-life cocoa butter stuff that gives it a long shelf-life. It's not really fair though to compare that with the fresh chocolate snacks and desserts that will be prepared at this new restaurant.

There's always going to be a degree of personal opinion, but I really do feel that Uni have upped the game for everyone in this area these past few years.

Reactions: Mike S
To tell you how unpopular typical Nestle/Hershey stuff is in our house outside of select few, we had Halloween candy past new years that I finally dumped because no one was eating it including my daughter.

You know that most hand dipped chocolate in this country is made from bricks of chocolate from Hershey. I know the uber popular hand dipped chocolate shop in this lovely tourist hell hole does.

Reactions: SeventyOne
You know that most hand dipped chocolate in this country is made from bricks of chocolate from Hershey. I know the uber popular hand dipped chocolate shop in this lovely tourist hell hole does.

I know. A lot of places have pretty crappy chocolate. I try to avoid them after going the first time :) I am picky about ice cream too, but then again I used to own an ice cream place, so it comes from that.

And the sad part is I can eat Hershey, some people sell stuff that is no where close to chocolate. Like the chocolate frog shouldn't be called chocolate like. That waxy fake chocolate is the worst. You see it sold all the time around valentine's and Easter. These off brands and even national brands and that stuff is barely edible.

That is why I am hoping for something that is real and not waxy or fake. Good chocolate to go with a good restaurant. Also, good ice cream. I like the HP ice cream but it is in the back of the park and not a good end of night treat.

Oh and I have been on the Hershey tour and this article talks about what you learn on the tour at Hershey. Seperate and bring back together. But at least they use cocoa butter, some places don't even do that :)

Well I would love to be able to get more foreign stuff. Neighbors are from Europe and that stuff was really good. Don't remember the names though. But here in the US I buy mostly Godiva, Lindt, and ghirardelli. I also sometimes like and buy local places. But those are hit or miss. When I was a kid my mom bought Sarris which is more local to PA. I loved that stuff and I plan to order a box online for Christmas to see if it is as good as I remember. My mom also got chocolate from a local chocolate place and I remember that stuff being really good. But then she also bought the really cheap stuff and even as a kid I hated that stuff lol.

If you're from the Pittsburgh area (which I'm guessing you are based on your icon), Andys > Sarris. It's out in Bulger, PA, by the airport. The drive from dahntahn is worth it for their chocolate covered potato chips alone.

If you're from the Pittsburgh area (which I'm guessing you are based on your icon), Andys > Sarris. It's out in Bulger, PA, by the airport. The drive from dahntahn is worth it for their chocolate covered potato chips alone.
Chocolate covered potato chips. Great. Now you given me a massive case of the late nite munchies.:drool::popcorn:

Reactions: ChrisFL
And the sad part is I can eat Hershey, some people sell stuff that is no where close to chocolate. Like the chocolate frog shouldn't be called chocolate like. That waxy fake chocolate is the worst. You see it sold all the time around valentine's and Easter.

*cough* Palmer *cough* :ack:

Makes Hershey's taste good in comparison.