Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Electrical Parade to DLR; Replacement MK Nighttime Parade?

Feb 2, 2008
Orlando, FL
Rev up that rumor mill!

After the recent announcement that World of Color: Celebrate, Paint the Night, and Disneyland Forever will be ending on September 5 at Disneyland, a rumor has emerged that claims the iconic and well loved parade will be making its way to the Magic Kingdom. Could this potentially be tied in with 45th anniversary festivities? Would it be something that we wouldn't see until the 50th? Or will the parade go the way of Spectromagic (RIP)?

If you haven't been to Disneyland to see Paint the Night, please watch it. I've definitely never been a fan of parades, but this parade is special. Upbeat soundtrack, amazing floats, costumes...it's basically MEP on many many many drugs.

Rumor is that it's "just" seasonal and there's no plans to bring it to WDW. But hey, I'd like a new nighttime parade at WDW!

Any new nighttime parade is welcome. When you see a Facebook post congratulating MEP on its 40-something anniversary and the reaction from the DIS people is along the lines of "ugh why".... Well :ears:

I heard that it's not coming to WDW. It will simply be seasonal.

If anything WDW wouldn't get it till next summer as a part of the summer promotion with Pandora.

I wish it would. Looks like an amazing parade. But I can't help but giggle when in the background I hear the unmistakable melody of the baroque Hoedown from MSEP

Rumor is MSEP performers were told their parade will be ending soon, so it wouldn't be too surprising to see the parks just swap night parades. DL fans have been clamoring to get MSEP back for years.

Rumor is MSEP performers were told their parade will be ending soon, so it wouldn't be too surprising to see the parks just swap night parades. DL fans have been clamoring to get MSEP back for years.
Now that would be awesome. Hopefully, MSEP gets some much needed TLC during the switch.

Yeah, they could still be sending it to Paris. Maybe it's 50/50, Iger is flipping the quarter this week to see who wins & who loses. :lol::ears:

Well this basically confirms we are getting Paint the Night in my eyes.
I don't think it does.

I think it just confirms the reason PTN isn't showing in the fall. Supposedly it's gone "seasonal" out there.

You're probably right. I just realized they have the Christmas parade to replace it until Spring, but I'm optimistic.
Let's not forget that DL went just about 20 years without a night parade. I wouldn't expect an immediate replacement.

I'm expecting one for the 50th right now

That "When can we do this again?" song from PTN is so catchy. I caught the parade a few times while at DLR and it was great.

That "When can we do this again?" song from PTN is so catchy. I caught the parade a few times while at DLR and it was great.
It definitely is. Some purists would definitely object to it, but you can't deny it just screams fun. The song was originally done for Wreck-it Ralph, actually (by Owl City).