Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

This time of year you peeps go all HHN on me and it drives me nuts! I know the peoples creating this stuff and they are good friends. I get to see artwork before it is built, but I begged to not be told anything two years ago. The good news is that I still get to peek at the art even though I don't have clue what it is for. It is a real turn on knowing a few of UC's designers........... and other persons. ;)

Why don't you go get scared this year at HHN? :yikes:

Was 22 when TWD had all the scarezones?
That was 23. 22 was just the roaming hoards and only 7 houses, most of which were bad.

Right. 22 had Gothic, Dead End, and the classic monsters house which were fun, but otherwise it was an awful, awful event.

23's streets were pretty bad, but I thought the house lineup was slightly better than 24's. And 24's street lineup wasn't anything to write home about

I think the challenge to a year round store is that so many of the items are themed just to the current year.

The question then is, at what point do you clearance out (and stop producing) last year's goods, and switch to the next round.

You also loose the immediacy and need to purchase if you switch from a pop-up to full-time.

FOMO drives purchasing

Right. 22 had Gothic, Dead End, and the classic monsters house which were fun, but otherwise it was an awful, awful event.

In hindsight, I agree more and more with the argument Gothic/Dead End were good but maybe not great, just looked so much better than everything else at the event.

I'm a big fan of 21 as well. While Lady Luck and half the SZs were a wash, 7 redefined SZs, Acid Assault still seems amazing, and even the weakest house was above average for the event. Still best dark humor house and best 3-D house ever, Winters Night easily in my top 5 of all time.

In hindsight, I agree more and more with the argument Gothic/Dead End were good but maybe not great, just looked so much better than everything else at the event.

Yea, I don't think either were all that fantastic. Gothic had the cool forced perspective room that was recreated in M&M last year, but both ended up being fairly forgettable overall.

I'm a big fan of 21 as well. While Lady Luck and half the SZs were a wash, 7 redefined SZs, Acid Assault still seems amazing, and even the weakest house was above average for the event. Still best dark humor house and best 3-D house ever, Winters Night easily in my top 5 of all time.

In-Between is a top 5 house for me. The first HHN house that legit had me jumping every 5 feet. Winter's Night and Nightingales were both incredible, as was the Poe house.

Gothic was a godsend that year. Really enjoyed that house. I felt like Dead End was diet Dead Silence.

I'm happy we're finally past those transaction years and now into the meat and potatoes again, hopefully. 24 was a step up and 25 was fantastic.

I'm in the minority on Winters Night. The house was absolutely gorgeous but devoid of any real scares.

In terms of scares intensity, and detail, can someone compare Hades and Catacombs to anything at HHN 25? Those are 2 houses I really wanted to experience but just couldn't make it work that year