Car Rental | Inside Universal Forums

Car Rental

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 26, 2014
Glasgow
Do any of the fellow Brits have any suggestions for websites to use for can rental? I've used SixT in the past but the prices have jumped quite a bit over the past few weeks.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

Sixt still seem to come up cheapest as they are technically offsite at MCO.

I'm on the look out for deals for Nov/Dec, prices are nearly £100 more in places than they were for May this year.

At the moment, Virgin Holidays Website (they use Alamo) seems to be best value for what I am after (Convertible, pref a Camaro for 2 weeks).

On other boards, people are using Cashback sites to try and lessen the cost increases too.

Reactions: Scott W.
They come up nearly £60 cheaper than Virgin Hols and US Rent A Car, whats the catch?!
We're the largest car rental broker in the world, so we guarantee the best rates. In the UK, vehicles are non refundable within 48 hours of pickup, but I wouldn't call it a catch.

We're the largest car rental broker in the world, so we guarantee the best rates. In the UK, vehicles are non refundable within 48 hours of pickup, but I wouldn't call it a catch.
Do you broker for other sites. Like Scott this is the first time I've heard of you!!

Do you broker for other sites. Like Scott this is the first time I've heard of you!!

I'm pretty sure this is who I'm going to book through but I'll give it a few more weeks yet in the hope that pound gets stronger.

I don't know whether to go for a sports car and be left with possibly a bad choice and pay now or risk my luck and go for a cheaper car and try for an upgrade.

For what it's worth, I'd book what you want. Upgrades at the counter are usually way more expensive.

Also, if you do book with auto Europe and the price goes down, they'll honor the lower rate. Just food for thought.

Reactions: Scott W. and Jon84
I'm pretty sure this is who I'm going to book through but I'll give it a few more weeks yet in the hope that pound gets stronger.

I don't know whether to go for a sports car and be left with possibly a bad choice and pay now or risk my luck and go for a cheaper car and try for an upgrade.
In May we got 4 cases and a huge hold-all in the Camaro with the two of us, loads of space!

For what it's worth, I'd book what you want. Upgrades at the counter are usually way more expensive.

Also, if you do book with auto Europe and the price goes down, they'll honor the lower rate. Just food for thought.

I don't know if this is incredibly cheeky asking you this or not but I figure you're the person in the know. I've managed to find a good deal for Sixt on their US website (About £90 less than the UK site), would there be any issues if I booked that through the US website instead of the UK one?

I don't know if this is incredibly cheeky asking you this or not but I figure you're the person in the know. I've managed to find a good deal for Sixt on their US website (About £90 less than the UK site), would there be any issues if I booked that through the US website instead of the UK one?
The problem is that US credit cards cover theft and collision which UK cards do not, so you're probably looking at a basic rate, which is just liability and fire. I generally recommend that people book within their territories for reasons like that.

The problem is that US credit cards cover theft and collision which UK cards do not, so you're probably looking at a basic rate, which is just liability and fire. I generally recommend that people book within their territories for reasons like that.

It looks like I'm getting the same cover from both sites.

Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• screencapture-www-sixt-com-php-reservation-offerconfig-1468880792561.png
    screencapture-www-sixt-com-php-reservation-offerconfig-1468880792561.png
    350.6 KB · Views: 2
  • screencapture-www-sixt-co-uk-php-reservation-offerconfig-1468880779721.png
    screencapture-www-sixt-co-uk-php-reservation-offerconfig-1468880779721.png
    396.9 KB · Views: 2