Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

Yes, the Simpson's donuts are supposedly made by Donut King (or at least they were at some point). They also supply the donuts to the Joffery's Coffee stands at Disney.
Never felt it was worth it to spend so much on a donut which is why i've never bought the Simpsons one, but if it's really by Donut King, i'll definitely have to give it a try soon. Their stuff is incredibly good.

I got a couple of the donuts comped at different times and each time I said, "this is too much. I don't really want that much donut." and ended up eating the whole thing. As long as they are fresh they are good.

Pleasantly surprised to see the super foods salad. For once there might be a small hope for vegans at Universal. I assumed this place would have nothing. Though disappointing to see them continue the trend of every restaurant on propery having a nonvegan veggie burger (both patty and bread usually have dairy at Universal). Kudos to Ben and Jerrys by Mummy having almond milk ice cream now.

Pleasantly surprised to see the super foods salad. For once there might be a small hope for vegans at Universal. I assumed this place would have nothing. Though disappointing to see them continue the trend of every restaurant on propery having a nonvegan veggie burger (both patty and bread usually have dairy at Universal). Kudos to Ben and Jerrys by Mummy having almond milk ice cream now.
Carnivores rule ;)

I got a couple of the donuts comped at different times and each time I said, "this is too much. I don't really want that much donut." and ended up eating the whole thing. As long as they are fresh they are good.
Those donuts are filling. It's a lot of donut for $5. Not that big a fan of the icing though.

I wonder how much of a crowd will be there for the Monday 4 p.m. opening? Hopefully we get some pictures of that.
Announcing the opening time was probably a bad idea. But at least we know where all the bloggers will be at 4pm on Mon. Haha. That would be a good time for Disney to do something unannounced and bizarre like fly that dragon powered parachute thing just for fun.

Announcing the opening time was probably a bad idea. But at least we know where all the bloggers will be at 4pm on Mon. Haha. That would be a good time for Disney to do something unannounced and bizarre like fly that dragon powered parachute thing just for fun.

I had a civilian ask if I thought they could eat at Toothsome the first day. Sure, if you like waiting in line behind the bloggers was my reply. I think HHN will be soon enough for me

Not sure if this is worth reading into, but an employee at yesterday's mock service posted a photo of the partial menu that was available for diners to choose from. At the bottom of the abridged menu, a disclaimer read "Vegetarian and vegan options available". The kitchen could have just been making dishes that weren't on the shorter menu for employees that request them, or they might have an alternative vegetarian/vegan menu.

screenshot-scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net+2016-08-.png

13939508_10157358736050323_7261314520537722009_n.jpg

From Ryan Leaverton on Facebook

These new places can get swamped. Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs last night had a 30-40 minute wait stretched outside the building and it's been open for a few weeks. NBC Grill was packed when it was new.

I had a civilian ask if I thought they could eat at Toothsome the first day. Sure, if you like waiting in line behind the bloggers was my reply. I think HHN will be soon enough for me
And some of those bloggers certainly look like they are very big eaters. Sounds like the perfect storm for a really long wait.Most bloggers, especially the Disney variety, remind me of the restaurant scene in Monty Python's movie, "The Meaning of Life".

Not sure if this is worth reading into, but an employee at yesterday's mock service posted a photo of the partial menu that was available to diners to choose from. At the bottom of the abridged menu, a disclaimer read "Vegetarian and vegan options available". The kitchen could have just been making dishes that weren't on the shorter menu for employees that request them, or they might have an alternative vegetarian/vegan menu.

screenshot-scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net+2016-08-.png

13939508_10157358736050323_7261314520537722009_n.jpg

From Ryan Leaverton on Facebook

Wow thanks! I will ask. Usually I get blank stares when I inquire.

These new places can get swamped. Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs last night had a 30-40 minute wait stretched outside the building and it's been open for a few weeks. NBC Grill was packed when it was new.
I'm not exactly sure Blaze Pizza can be directly compared to Toothsome. Toothsome is a themed sitdown and Blaze is a quick serve pizza. It's a testament to the lack of cheap dining options at DS that account for the long waits imo. Plus Disney Springs is always Packed.