Comcast Buys Dreamworks Animation for $3.8bn | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Comcast Buys Dreamworks Animation for $3.8bn

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Or how about just replace the thing altogether
I wouldn't mind that. I think having floats of Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Despicable Me, Secret Life of Pets, Hello Kitty, SpongeBob, and Nintendo would be a good selection, and they could preserve the DM/SpongeBob floats. The other floats could go, though. Hop may be the best float of Superstar but it's based off an embarrassingly bad and forgotten movie, and Dora/Diego are shows for toddlers, there's no wide appeal.

Reactions: Clive
I wouldn't mind that. I think having floats of Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Despicable Me, Secret Life of Pets, Hello Kitty, SpongeBob, and Nintendo would be a good selection, and they could preserve the DM/SpongeBob floats. The other floats could go, though. Hop may be the best float of Superstar but it's based off an embarrassingly bad and forgotten movie, and Dora/Diego are shows for toddlers, there's no wide appeal.
Hop is an embarrassment. It would be equivalent to Disney making a float out of Meet the Robinsons.

Reactions: captainmoch
Hop is an embarrassment. It would be equivalent to Disney making a float out of Meet the Robinsons.

Meet the Robinsons was actually a decent film, though. Hop was pretty objectively bad and poorly received. It's only around because #synergy and cute animals.

Reactions: graspthesun
That's crazy how a country can block a deal of two foreign companies, happening in a foreign market.. pretty messed up.
China is a totalitarian communist country. They do whatever they feel like whenever they feel like, change the rules, make up new rules, and their government has turned towards a more totalitarian concept at the expense of their former economic rapproachment. One result is that many of their wealthy business individuals are leaving the country and taking their money with them, or sneaking it out of the nation. I would doubt this has any effect outside of what happens within China itself.

That's crazy how a country can block a deal of two foreign companies, happening in a foreign market.. pretty messed up.

I find it interesting as its an anti monopoly claim which means Comcast and Dreamworks must have quite a bit of money tied into Chinese companies that are mainly media based with the only public stated one being Oriental Dreamworks.

Interesting insider article. As I've always said, Comcast is a very aggressive company. That's their MO.
This article shows the purchase was one of opportunity, rather than being planned. This means DreamWorks was not likely part of the original plan for any of the parks futures except maybe for Shrek.

The article also talked about how DreamWorks saw much of their future in TV. Good thing Comcast owns a channel or two. :)

Reactions: Mad Dog
This article shows the purchase was one of opportunity, rather than being planned. This means DreamWorks was not likely part of the original plan for any of the parks futures except maybe for Shrek.

The article also talked about how DreamWorks saw much of their future in TV. Good thing Comcast owns a channel or two. :)

Comcast has been trying for a kids channel since they purchased NBC Universal. Its easy now with Dreamworks already having a kids tv unit already attached with them and people contracted to buy the shows as now Comcast can exploit that which is huge. Kids channel would give Comcast an avenue to use syenergy to advertise the parks and the animated films at little to no cost like Disney Channel does with Disney movies and parks.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender

Yeah. It's a good fit. Comcast doesn't shy away from an opportunity that fits.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender