Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From what I saw some of the shakes are a little more standard than others. So depending on what flavor of shake you like you could luck out and get one that isn't as messy. Probably no change in price though.
I just want a banana malt.:(

Just going by what I've been told, this is the reasons why the shakes are expensive (and worth it):
  • Comes with souvenir cup
  • Made with a LOT of whatever ingredients are in it (example- the key lime pie shave have a whole slice of pie blended into it as well as one on top)
  • The atmosphere
  • It's a theme park, and you pay more for just about ANYTHING in a theme park
If you want to eat cheap, don't go to a theme park to eat. If you go to theme park expect to pay more and get something out of the ordinary. If you really want to have Steak N Shake (which I love and eat all the time) you can do it just down the road from Universal or back at home in BumbleF Indiana, but most people going to a theme park want something they can't get everywhere else and expect to pay extra to get it.
Except the ones at Ghirardelli in Disney Springs are under just under $10 are also huge, use premium ingredients, and are still one of the most expensive milkshakes I have ever had.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
For those who have been, what is the noise level like, especially with all of the milkshakes being made?

We heard the background music no problem. I don't think it's an issue.

or not in a souvenir cup. It's something else to carry around. I'd rather not have one.

I do believe I saw someone on Twitter who ordered it without the souvenir cup and it was a couple dollars less. Don't hold me to it, though. :lol:

Except the ones at Ghirardelli in Disney Springs are under just under $10 are also huge, use premium ingredients, and are still one of the most expensive milkshakes I have ever had.
In the long run I'll probably prefer Ghirardelli simply because I fell that I get more for my money. Also, there chocolate fudge, brownies, and butterscotch topping are to die for!!!

I'd like to know as well. They look great, but just more than I can handle. If not, I'll just order a sundae and admire all the milkshakes that other patrons are ordering.

The sundae is around the same amount of food. Just presented differently. For example, mine had two brookies--delicious btw--in addition to the ice cream, etc.

Well their largest, basic milkshake is $8.50 plus tax. At Toothsome, for $3 more - you get same size essentially (Ghirardeli is tall and narrow, Toothsome is shorter but wider), take home glass, and a few extra ingredients. They aren't that much different in price.

For example, my Banana shake had a chocolate dipped banana, which at theme parks run $3.99-4.99 on its own, and one blended in as well.

I kind of wonder if they may introduce more reasonable shakes after a little while. These shakes are great for photos and showing off the unique qualities of the new restaurant, but they're very over the top and not necessarily practical. It's kind of like the kitchen sink type dishes. They're a novelty and people will occasionally get them for that reason, but once all the hype dies down I think their popularity will plummet. If that happens I could easily see some more standard shakes becoming the more popular option.

Last edited:
Nom, nom, nom.....

image.jpg

Filet Oscar.

Great choice, a real classic. Well played sir.

This is the best looking and most appetizing dish I have seen so far. The rest have looked, garish, clumsy and amateurish but that Oscar looks fab. Less is more in my eyes.

Feast your eyes on filet I made last week, herb crusted and garnished with wild tiger prawn king scallops and asparagus. Sauce was prosecco and chive.
free image uploader
click image upload
Was delicious even if say do myself

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue and Mad Dog

This is the best looking and most appetizing dish I have seen so far. The rest have looked, garish, clumsy and amateurish but that Oscar looks fab. Less is more in my eyes.
:)"'less is more in my eyes"...except when it comes to a great drink. :cheers:

Reactions: Mike S

Feast your eyes on filet I made last week, herb crusted and garnished with wild tiger prawn king scallops and asparagus. Sauce was prosecco and chive.
free image uploader
click image upload
Was delicious even if say do myself

Sir, I am loathe to inform you that there is a bug on your beef. :bolt: