Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something or has that picture not worked as it should have in your post? It is tiny, cant really make out much in it either.

I'm quite confident on what I can currently see in comparison with the concept video. I presume they didn't show a view from the open side in the concept because it would give away what is inside the volcano. looking at the recent photos I think I have already matched up the current openings with what can be seen in the concept but on a laptop working away so no time to edit an image marking up the corresponding openings for anyone interested. If I get time tomorrow a may have a play.

vb tower.JPG

I don't know if this will be any better for you.

I don't think the building will be engulfed by the volcano but as long as it's themed, I don't think it really matters.

cb roof.JPG

Does the large concrete roof at the top of the tower seem a little odd? It looks like 3 stories tall.

Ohhh I see now, what was quoted from my post wasn't regarding that part of the volcano which got me real confused. As for the top of that tower it is hard to work out what the depth of that is in comparison to a person, depends if the horizontal bars of the facade represent the depth of a room, if they do then yeah I would agree the depth is very deep.

Ohhh I see now, what was quoted from my post wasn't regarding that part of the volcano which got me real confused. As for the top of that tower it is hard to work out what the depth of that is in comparison to a person, depends if the horizontal bars of the facade represent the depth of a room, if they do then yeah I would agree the depth is very deep.

It's been cropped but I'm 99% sure that's the height of a room.

I still really want them to build those mountains in the background. I just love how they have completely manufactured a landscape, no I-4, no Turkey Lake, no strip malls, not even a hint of Orlando's true skyline.

Those mountains are the hills of Clermont. Even without the highways and malls, the Florida landscape is generally unattractive. The wildlife is stunning, but the landscape sucks and is ugly as sin.

I just hope this thing soft opens by the 20th of March. I tacked on three nights at Cabana Bay before our Disney Cruise for Spring Break. The cruise is a Disney 3 day with no stop at Nassau and Atlantis, just a day at sea and Castaway. Need a good water park day to fill in that gap. Rather it be Volcano over Aquatica.

Status
Not open for further replies.