Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Dragon Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said they wouldn't. My guess is Nintendo will do very well, but not in Potter's league. LOTR may never happen, and with Universal having so much on it's plate with Dreamworks, Potter & Nintendo, it might not even be feasible for the near future. so I won't speculate at this point in time.
Just my opinion but Nintendo will have such a larger reach than the broom boy.

You actually know people that think these things? :stun:
I believe the owner of the Orlando Parks News web site thinks that. He does his best to avoid posting photos of Potter areas and mentioning the name Potter. He has alluded to his opposition to the concept of Potter. As Scott posted. ...A real quandry for someone who has an Orlando theme park site.

You actually know people that think these things? :stun:
Those people are legitimately out there. Living in the Bible Belt sure brings up a lot of awkward conversations with different families. Not a lie, when I was younger, I had a friend whose parents wouldn't let him watch Scooby-Doo because of its apparent supernatural effect on the young minds of children.

Those people are legitimately out there. Living in the Bible Belt sure brings up a lot of awkward conversations with different families. Not a lie, when I was younger, I had a friend whose parents wouldn't let him watch Scooby-Doo because of its apparent supernatural effect on the young minds of children.
Yes, they are certainly out there, in more ways than one.

I believe the owner of the Orlando Parks News web site thinks that. He does his best to avoid posting photos of Potter areas and mentioning the name Potter. He has alluded to his opposition to the concept of Potter. As Scott posted. ...A real quandry for someone who has an Orlando theme park site.

Orlando Theme Park News: Universal Studios Update: Spring is Almost Over (PART 2)

Orlando Theme Park News: Islands of Adventure Update - A Nice Morning

The owners make a few posts in the comments. There's pages upon pages of this.

For me Potter remains creatives best work so I'm excited to see how they would expand under the guidance of Warner Bros (I've yet to go on Kong). I picture a drawing board full of ideas and a team itching to be let loose on the franchise again. There's so many opportunities their must be some unfinished business there...

WB probably wants her listed as the sole screenwriter to win over the fanbase. And the WGA has heavily enforced rules about deserved credit. While she may have written it herself, she most likely got assisted in the basics of writing for film. WB, Yates, and Kloves may have read the script with notes and ideas, but she would still be credited as the sole writer. There is no way WB would invest tentpole amounts of money on a script from an untested screenwriter without guidance and support from the people already involved in the franchise.

Just because a writer is great, doesn't always mean they are able to successfully write in every medium. Many novelists fail at writing comics. Many comic book writers fail at writing good movies. Obviously that isn't always true, but just because a writer is excellent in one form of the medium, does not mean they are as equally good as writing in another.

Last edited:
Thanks for this... now I can stop wincing and girding my loins. :look:

Has anyone told you, you write like you are a character in a Tennessee Williams play?

Sorry to say but you work with serious nut jobs.

Note to self: stay away.

They are good people....no Professor Umbridges, more misguided like Seamus Finnigan.

He has even said you'll never see pics of Haunted Mansion on the site so it's not just Potter.

He has even said you'll never see pics of Haunted Mansion on the site so it's not just Potter.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.