Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Seasonal Pass Option

Aug 19, 2009
Southern US not Fl
There was just a Universal blog post (now removed) that we are getting a Season Pass option.
It said there would be Blackout dates and did not say that it included parking .
Facebook post(pointed at blog post) also removed .
Season pass at other park normally go for a year (ie. 2017) and expire on Dec 31 (likely Dec 20 with blackout)

I saw the post, but didn't realize it has since been removed. I thought it was strange it said "visit ___ for more details", perhaps they posted it and realized the website wasn't ready to link to yet. Also interesting they reduced power pass parking to $10 and I assume from the wording that early park hours are now permanent for preferred and premier.

I saw the post, but didn't realize it has since been removed. I thought it was strange it said "visit ___ for more details", perhaps they posted it and realized the website wasn't ready to link to yet. Also interesting they reduced power pass parking to $10 and I assume from the wording that early park hours are now permanent for preferred and premier.

So this removed post also included wording on early entry for Preferred/Premier Passholders?

So this removed post also included wording on early entry for Preferred/Premier Passholders?
Yeah it went over the whole pass lineup, those were the only real changes I noticed. That and $10 preferred parking for preferred pass holders, although I think that's the current difference (unless I'm wrong).

Yeah it went over the whole pass lineup, those were the only real changes I noticed. That and $10 preferred parking for preferred pass holders, although I think that's the current difference (unless I'm wrong).

That'd be pretty sweet. I'm currently a preferred holder and was a bit bummed early access wasn't included for the Appreciation Month this year. This could explain why.

I'm don't like going during the busy season but I sometimes do since my preferred pass gives me 365 access. I would love a power pass with blackout dates if it had free parking. Discounted parking would still add up too fast.

The man in the video says that Power passes would not have summer block out dates and parking added. I'm all for that. So for those already with power passes would this be grandfathered in?

And this is an example of where it's great to have Orlando United. I received an AP renewal reminder from Universal a couple of days ago. My AP doesn't expire until the day after my last vacation day on Oct. 9th. Nice discount for renewal, but I was going to wait until my vacation to renew it for next year. Thanks to Kevin's post, it looks like a pretty good chance there will be a rate increase later this week. So I just renewed both our power passes, and if they do raise prices, I already got the old deal. :thumbsup:

And this is an example of where it's great to have Orlando United. I received an AP renewal reminder from Universal a couple of days ago. My AP doesn't expire until the day after my last vacation day on Oct. 9th. Nice discount for renewal, but I was going to wait until my vacation to renew it for next year. Thanks to Kevin's post, it looks like a pretty good chance there will be a rate increase later this week. So I just renewed both our power passes, and if they do raise prices, I already got the old deal. :thumbsup:
Same here. I was going to renew when I was down in a couple of weeks. Did it today, though I first saw the news on the Orlando Sentinel website.

I wonder if they saw a sudden increase in renewals today.:lol:

It seems that they have. I called several times this morning to renew and kept hearing the same two recordings: One saying that they are experiencing an abnormally high volume of calls and hold times are long, and the other saying to call back during normal business hours (even though I was calling during normal business hours).

It's going to be interesting to see what type of tie ins they do with Volcano Bay admission.

My money is on a separate annual pass, say $89.99 but also as a discounted add on to AP holders, 59.99.

My other thought was they could launch a whole new access all areas pass, . This top tier pass would be the only one to include the water park in an annual pass. Though possiblylimiting the amount of water park pass holders it would drive sales of higher value annual passes.